Rotor Rings - for single speed?

I FLY

I have a bee in my bonnet regarding rotor rings - I fitted a set to our tandem a few years ago but then sold the bike before I had time to ride with them.

Now I see that they have a single speed rotor ring listed on their website.

I am keen to try one out but cannot figure out how it would keep the chain at a constant tension. I have sliding dropouts on my SS.

Has anyone had any experience with this chainring?

I have a bee in my bonnet regarding rotor rings - I fitted a set to our tandem a few years ago but then sold the bike before I had time to ride with them.

Now I see that they have a single speed rotor ring listed on their website.

I am keen to try one out but cannot figure out how it would keep the chain at a constant tension. I have sliding dropouts on my SS.

Has anyone had any experience with this chainring?

Speak to Naas at Evobikes - or PM him here.

Hi I FLY

I have a rotor crank and Qring on my Niner SS.

It works like a charm, you just need to set chain the tension at the "biggest" part of the Q ring, and whoilla.

Yes, the tension "ups" and "downs" as the Q ring rotates, but not enough for chain drop.

I have been riding like this for over 12months, and NEVER dropped a chain.

Just check the tension as time goes by, because the chain will "wear" and give more slack.

See attached pic

post-19310-0-77961300-1376989813_thumb.jpg

The guys run them very successfully (I admit I also want to give it a try on my SS). The concerns around the tension on the chain are actually unfounded when you study it closely - tension varies very minimally through the stroke, and not enough to even come close to throwing it off. Often we forget that the high spot that puts the tension on the chain, also pushes the chain forward and tensions when in the low spot of the stroke!

Thanks for the feedback.

Now the urge to get one is even greater.

I have sent Naas at Evobikes an enquiry.