D2D

Speedster Scott

not sure if this deserves a place on this topic, from reading the last 2 pages...

anyways, was my first race ever :clap: managed to finish before the cut off, did a 4:15 with 2 stops.

really really battled the last 5 km. but made it...

also nearly missed the medal, went thru the finish and put the bike down on the grass, then noticed everyone riding past me further up, got on again, and then got a medal.

my first and toughest race, I need a better training route :eek:

and to the guys that gave out the advice, thanks man, I saw those bottles at the Tarlton rumble strips, and after Lion and Rhino park, I was expecting the "rolling hills". but after that, uphill, after uphill, after uphill.... eish

is 94.7 tougher than this race ?

This was my 1st D2D but have done 3 94.7's.

The D2D was much harder than 94.7 for me.

Went along well till that last 25km then I bonked out.

My avg yesterday was 28 and 94.7 33km/h.

Maybe the support next to the road also makes it easier than D2D

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first D2D so cannot comment on the past ones. I found it tough because of the cold weather.

I struggled on the last uphills but managed a 3:30

I would like to comment on the goodie bag.

I believe this was a waste of money and many peoples time.

Is there actually a criterium into what goes into a CYCLISTS goodie bag.

I found NONE of the goodies usefull. :cursing:

Ha ha, it looks more like a bag for a homeless guy.

Soap and cream, maybe next year they should use the goodie bags exactly for that purpose.

I was in the same mix but managed to hold on after jumping to the faster group on that climb. What kit did you ride in?

Black and white top, with black arm & leg warmers, on a Giant T Mobile.

This was my first D2D so cannot comment on the past ones. I found it tough because of the cold weather.

I struggled on the last uphills but managed a 3:30

I would like to comment on the goodie bag.

I believe this was a waste of money and many peoples time.

Is there actually a criterium into what goes into a CYCLISTS goodie bag.

I found NONE of the goodies usefull. :cursing:

I'm sure there was some stuff in there for constipation? (Just joking)

I pay my moneys to race/ride. The goodie bag is a bonus.

This was my 1st D2D but have done 3 94.7's.

The D2D was much harder than 94.7 for me.

Went along well till that last 25km then I bonked out.

My avg yesterday was 28 and 94.7 33km/h.

Maybe the support next to the road also makes it easier than D2D

I hope you are right! Then I might be on track for a nice and easy 94.7 (we ride the double loop so our first loop is never faster than 2:55 so that we can still manage the second loop)

I hope you are right! Then I might be on track for a nice and easy 94.7 (we ride the double loop so our first loop is never faster than 2:55 so that we can still manage the second loop)

3 Huge factors, warmer weather, more people (meaning more bunches if you loose yours) and all the people cheering next to the road, is a plus point.

But don't fool yourself 94.7 is still a hard race.

I was a nice group with some CL riders which formed near the Lion Park. Dropped my chain just past Valverde and that was the end of my sub 3 hopes.

We were simply out training in the cradle and riding the opposite direction of you guys in the D2D race. I saw a lot of guys repairing punctures??

Was it that bad throughout the whole race?

We were simply out training in the cradle and riding the opposite direction of you guys in the D2D race. I saw a lot of guys repairing punctures??

Was it that bad throughout the whole race?

Had a puncture BEFORE the race. Did not help with the cold hands.

There was a LOT of glass on the road. Typical "month-end" motorist hobby.

Ha ha, it looks more like a bag for a homeless guy.

Soap and cream, maybe next year they should use the goodie bags exactly for that purpose.

Good race until the final climb... dropped off the front group of 8 guys 1/2 way up so missed the sprint finish. :cursing: I have issues with that climb!!!

Goody bag is for free. Give it to a homeless guy if it doesnt suit you. Spar Ladies goody bag apparently had tampons in - dont give it to a homeless guy.

Goody bag is for free. Give it to a homeless guy if it doesnt suit you. Spar Ladies goody bag apparently had tampons in - dont give it to a homeless guy.

I was not trying to be nasty, I really think donating that goodie bag for homeless people will be a good deed

I was not trying to be nasty, I really think donating that goodie bag for homeless people will be a good deed

I support that idea, maybe keep stuff on the your back and throw it to all the fans in the rural community... the ones screeming ..CHORKLITT-CHORKLITT !

Goody bags and medals are a waste (useless stuff and invariably the medals get thrown away). Rather give it to a worthy cause, and i dont mean the organisers pockets!!