Foot Injury

JJDT

Yesterday afternoon my son and I when for a ride in the cradle with our roadbikes. We did a 67km loop and with my fitness level managed an avg of 23.8km/h.

During the last few km's my feet felt numb unclip during the ride wriggled my toes and just let the leg hang for a few seconds.

After the ride when I changed into my tekkies for driving home my left foot was extremely painfull especially on the outside close to the small toe that I could not walk properly.

Could this be a result of improper cleat positioning?

I also used to get a numb left foot but only in my road shoes (numbness started after I injured the tendons in my foot, couldn't walk for a week or two) but then I just loosened the straps and the pain seemed to have disappeared. Then numbness did persist for about 2-3months though before I decided to try loosening the shoe.

@V12man I can still feel the pain especially when walking but it is slighty better than yesterday. Not numb.

@V12man I can still feel the pain especially when walking but it is slighty better than yesterday. Not numb.

I am with Talus on this one - the only other potentially are a small stress fracture in a metatarsal or possibly a pinched nerve in your lower spine.

Still - if you explore by pushing reasonably firmly/hard using your finger tips, you may well be able to find the neuroma, as this will duplicate the pain.

I would look for a good podiatrist as a first cut - if you say where you are located, I am sure someone can recommend one.