I want to buy a full face helmet online. What size am I?

Andre5111

Hi Hubbers.

I'm in the market for a DH helmet to go with my more reckless riding of my new(ish) Trance 5" trail bike, but local bike shops are low on stock / brands and I think I'll need to buy online.

How does one measure your head, and what constitutes a Small, Medium or Giant Head?

Any advice would be great!

Shot, A

Measure around the widest part of the head. Normally about 1" above the eyebrows.

This should give you a good idea of size. Most helmet manufacturers will also tell you how to measure.

Make sure you check out the ASG specials on the hub....some really cool Rudy Project downhill helmets included there at a huge discount.

Good luck!

It is not so hard.

A in maths - giant head

Maths on standard grade - medium head

You ride a mountain bike down a hill so fast you need a face helmet - small head.

That's very amusing:)

Measure around the widest part of the head. Normally about 1" above the eyebrows.

This should give you a good idea of size. Most helmet manufacturers will also tell you how to measure.

Thanks Rat, will give it a bash!

Make sure you check out the ASG specials on the hub....some really cool Rudy Project downhill helmets included there at a huge discount.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip-off, I'll check it out! (Always keen on a bargain:))

Thanks for the tip-off, I'll check it out! (Always keen on a bargain:))

You don't happen to have a link to these - can't find the post via a site search... Ta!

Guest Omega Man

Try to try a mate's helmet first. It can be a very expensive mistake buying a lid online if it doesn't fit your scone. It's not only size .it's also shape. I had a D3. Pretty much the best helmet money can buy but it just never felt right on my head.

Oh and there's a 20% duty on helmets if bought from a crc or what ever.

Guest Latent Blue

Here's a thought...

Why not try one on?

Edited by Latent Blue