TheGEARchange- awesome service!

Jasonmtb

There are so many threads about poor service from LBS. I recently bought a bike from them and there service has been top class. If you're looking for top service give them a shout.

Go check them out, David and Justin are really lekka guys. You definitely don't feel like a you're doing them a favour when you go into their shop, like so many other LBS I've been to.

• 1 year later...

Old thread but thought i'd also give the thumbs up to thegearchange. I went to their new store in mowbray yesterday which is still getting up and running. Apparently they moved 2 weeks ago so there are boxes everywhere but i can see the potential once its up and running. It will be a decent sized store with a cafe, although i found parking hard to find.

Sounds like Trek are going to make it a concept store of some sorts which is great to see Trek getting more involved in the SA market. I've been to trek stores around the world and SA has definitely missed out the "trek experience" the last few years so great to see the new agents giving it a go as i'm a big trek fan.

Anyway awesome service from the guys there. I was after a specific trek madone seat clamp that no one else could get me. They had one attached to a complete seat mast/post which i didn't want to buy as it's probably 10x more expensive than just the clamp. Anyway they took off the clamp to lend me while they order another from the agent. Really went above and beyond so definitely check out in the future, especially if you like Trek bikes.

Have also bought a lot of online cycling gear from then in the past. Shipping was always quick and exchanges was also done promptly.

• 3 months later...

Took my Campag wheel in for broken spoke as they are around the corner from me , repaired  no issues Justin is a  really nice guy ill go back . 

Try them out 

For sure. they are just round the corner from my crib and have sorted me out a couple of times plus there is a Field Office in the premises pumping some decent coffee and brownies. 

I was a bit iffy @ R100 for a wash and a lube for my Trance but the thing came back immaculate. Wasn't too bothered as they sorted out my tubeless for nix as I'm allergic to the slime.  

Will go back. 

Archived