Fox fork and shock owners - Some questions...

Mojoman

I made the special tools and found all the related docs after some searching, but the docs really just confirmed what I already figured out myself.

Servicing a FOX rear shock at home is super easy once you know how it works - I mean complete damper disassembly - it enabled me to systematically fine tune the damping circuit to dramatically improve performance for a lightweight rider on a Giant Anthem X.

What oil can I use for the Fox RP23 shock air sleeve service, I just want to replace the oil not all the seals?

I use an 80wt synthetic gear oil in my Fox RP2 and on the upper dust wiper seals of my F125RL. Should be able to get it form Midas?

I use an 80wt synthetic gear oil in my Fox RP2 and on the upper dust wiper seals of my F125RL. Should be able to get it form Midas?

That's what I've heard, 80wt synthetic gear oil, so I can use that to replace the Float fluid when I do the air sleeve service on my RP23 rear shock?

Any recommendations on the make of oil to buy?

Edited by Skylark

That's what I've heard, 80wt synthetic gear oil, so I can use that to replace the Float fluid when I do the air sleeve service on my RP23 rear shock?

Yebo, use as a replacement to the fox float fluid that comes in those little pillow packs. Any gear oil will do, I happened to have a bottle of castrol in the garage so I used that.

Anything fully synthetic. Motul's pretty good, you'll pick it up from a motorbike shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Does 80wt equate to any other number?

Asked at a few motor spares shops and they had no idea what 80wt means

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if CASTROL SYNTRANS Fully synthetic MULTIVEHICLE 75W-90 gear box oil will do the job?

That's the only fully synthetic gearbox oil near to 80w I can find

Anyone know if CASTROL SYNTRANS Fully synthetic MULTIVEHICLE 75W-90 gear box oil will do the job?

That's the only fully synthetic gearbox oil near to 80w I can find

Yup, that'll do it...

Not going to be an issue it's multi grade?

Costs R48 for 500ml at most car parts shops , what a winner if it works!