10 Speed Shimano 105 Deraileur

BIKEPROJX

thanks, that is sort of what I expect...surely i just limit how far the jockey returns..as there in no 10th cog.

its never gonna run nicely because the spacing between cogs is different

Thats only a problem if you use a 10spd shifter on a 9spd cluster, the jockey does not mind the cluster spacings.

its never gonna run nicely because the spacing between cogs is different

Shift increments are controlled by the Shifters.

10 speed Shimano RD would work perfectly on a 9 speed cassette.

I have even used a 9sp Dura Ace RD on a 10 speed groupset without problems, cassette width remains the same but the spacing between the grears differ and that is controlled by the shiter.

Shift increments are controlled by the Shifters.

10 speed Shimano RD would work perfectly on a 9 speed cassette.

I have even used a 9sp Dura Ace RD on a 10 speed groupset without problems, cassette width remains the same but the spacing between the grears differ and that is controlled by the shiter.

With Shimano road groupsets it's fine, they have the same pull ratio(1:2). The 9 speed and below MTB stuff also works.

With Shimano road groupsets it's fine, they have the same pull ratio(1:2). The 9 speed and below MTB stuff also works.

Yes 105 is a road groupset ;)

And technically it is (2:1) pull ratio, where the deraileur moves twice as far as the cable pull for every shifter click.

The 2:1 rstio is actually closer to 1.7 or 1.9 for Dura Ace.

Yes 105 is a road groupset ;)

And technically it is (2:1) pull ratio, where the deraileur moves twice as far as the cable pull for every shifter click.

The 2:1 rstio is actually closer to 1.7 or 1.9 for Dura Ace.

I know 105 is a road groupset :P

2:1 vs. 1:2 I get confused.

Didn't know about the difference with Dura-Ace (have DA shifters with 105 RD onthe wifes bike and no problems there)

FYI with Shimano 10 speed MTB stuff they have an almost 1:1 ratio.

That's why I have a SRAMANO setup on the one MTB.

9 speed SRAM Shifter, 10 speed Shimano RD, best shifting I've ever had. (6mm Spacer makes all the difference)

Wouldn't the 10spd chain mess it all up? I am looking at upgrading my 9spd setup to better quality 9spd drivetrain and wasn't even looking at 10 speed gear.

10 speed chain

Wouldn't the 10spd chain mess it all up? I am looking at upgrading my 9spd setup to better quality 9spd drivetrain and wasn't even looking at 10 speed gear.

10 speed chain works fine with 9 speed stuff (don't let the sales guys put you off)

The inner measurements of the chain are the same. Have also used a 9 speed quicklink on a 10 speed set up with no problems at all