Lost Sunglasses

Lone_Ranger

It is one of the first ones.

I got it after getting sick of damaging expensive cars doing daft things and I decided I would rather have a car that I didn't mind scratching and denting. Then the bugger went and grew on me and we have been all over the place in it.

Currently costing me around R2.30 per km in petrol costs alone...

so about 17l per 100. That's not that bad for that car. Honestly!

so about 17l per 100. That's not that bad for that car. Honestly!

I drive like I have Miss Daisy in the back, and the numbers go mental when we hit a 4x4 trail in low range. I swear you can see the fuel gauge move, quite often faster than the speedo.

That car is why we go camping a lot, by the time you get to your destination there is no money left for accommodation.

Still love the thing though.

Thanks for the assistance and feedback guys. I've sort of accepted that I'm going to have to get a new pair of sunglasses :blush:

To build on the hijack, one of the guys here at work has an older model Toyota Land Cruiser, 4.5 petrol. He claims to get 350km from a 75 litre tank on the rough stuff. His secondary fuel tank (another 75 litres) is a non-negotiable. Loves it to bits though.

Thanks for the assistance and feedback guys. I've sort of accepted that I'm going to have to get a new pair of sunglasses :blush:

To build on the hijack, one of the guys here at work has an older model Toyota Land Cruiser, 4.5 petrol. He claims to get 350km from a 75 litre tank on the rough stuff. His secondary fuel tank (another 75 litres) is a non-negotiable. Loves it to bits though.

I have a similar setup on the Disco with a total capacity of 110 litres.

Filling it up is rage inducing.

Sorry for the hijack but I thought it might get more people to look and possibly help. I'm a misguided individual.

So we've realised that the sunnies are a thing of the past... Have you contacted your insurance? Depending on the cost of course, they should be covered by your unspecified all risks.

From where I'm standing (OK I'm sitting) this hijack has been awesome...

Finally I have been of some use.

Must tell the mad old bat wife although I doubt she will believe me.

• 1 month later...

Managed to successfully claim from the insurance. Getting my new glasses tomorrow????????????????. Scored a pair of Rudy Projects here on the hub, and also afford a pair for my wife????????.