Best xc duel sus bike for around R30000?

Joebike

I am also looking for a dual suss in this price range.. I like the Anthem.. But the stock wheels are not great. Might need to ensure there is enough for a wheel upgrade...

In that price bracket you should buy a carbon bike. Components can be upgraded with time or as they wear out. If I wanted to spend R30 now, I would go spez camber comp carbon or scott spark 930 carbon. Both can be had for about R30 000.

Not interested in a Scott.

Camber would be a option... but the carbon for 30? ...

Yes Sir, R32 995, bought mine for R27000. You must just know where to buy. Mix of Sram x9 and shimano xt components and Rock shox reba upfront. You need nothing more. Only thing to upgrade are the wheels. But they are not bothering me so I have been riding them for 8 months, no hassles.

• 2 weeks later...

CLASSIFIEDS THE HUB IS YOUR FRIEND!!! KEEP LOOKING PLACE A AD I WAS SELLING MINE FOR 35K BUT THEN I DECIDED TO RESPRAY AND GET A "NEW BIKE" CHEAP CHEAP i am so glad i did no better bike out there

Mine also needs a bit of TLC. How did it come out. Where for the respray? Did you redo the decals?

Iv said this so many times to people asking this question, at that price, all the bikes are going to be great to ride! :thumbup:

But flip, buy the bike you have passion about, the bike you would want to get on every morning, the bike you are going to stare at! I ride my cannondale because I flippen LOVE the machine and its a joy to get on it.. Otherwise, if you buy a bike that you dont reeeaaaaally like, it will just be for sale on the hub in the next few months..

Very easy answer... the new 2014 Specialized Epic Comp... landing in RSA next week.

http://www.specialized.com/za/en/bikes/mountain/epic/epic-comp-29

PS> Don't buy used. No warranty, potential incorrect size, risk that bike has been ridden into the ground.

or buy used and have someone who knows what to look for check it out. Drivetrain, cracks in frame and state of bearings are key points to look at. Even if it has been ridden into the ground it can be revived again.

New bikes are pretty expensive, no problem in letting someone else take the knock in resale value. same as with new cars.

In your list I suggest the giant. Only spaz will pitch an ali bike against carbon choices. I'm sorry, but they don't ride that great that the premium is justifiable.

Edited by PhilipV

Hi joe

I built a new Pyga one10 for about that with xt gruppo, archex wheels gobi saddle and fox fork.

Decide on frame, buy from dealer get warrantee..shop on hub for New components..new xt group set was available for 6 etc..u will get a hand picked personalized great bike for 30.

Yes there are times u may get the full packaged reduced by lbs, u won't need the 2014 models as often it's just a change in cosmetics get the outgoing model at reduced price.

Cwc had 20% off all items on Saturday, had x1 giant carbon for 36 less discount will be within your budget, so shop around and u will find all u need for 30