I think my Polar S725X has been revived!!!!!!!!

Big H*

Either we were training too hard or the time has come. It has "MEMORY FAILed" on the display. Has this happened to anybody? Can it be repaired and how much did it cost?

What do I replace it with?

Edited by Big H*

Try and reset the thing? Sad thing polar no longer has parts for them. The was a bloke who sold two of them for r2k a few days ago under classifieds, checknif they are still around

Searched on the interwebs....... Press and hold the red button for 30 second..... It worked. Screen fades though, I will buy a battery tomorrow and install.

G...... The strap is to short to fit over the forehead!!!!!

Searched on the interwebs....... Press and hold the red button for 30 second..... It worked. Screen fades though, I will buy a battery tomorrow and install.

G...... The strap is to short to fit over the forehead!!!!!

Good luck finding a battery , my 725SX keeps on resetting itself and fades when placed close to the strap. So I thought I would look for a battery for it CR2354- after 2 weeks of going to every conceivable shop , I am about to give up and maybe have to send it to polar

Take them to the service centre in Midrand. They'll do it while you wait (if they are not too busy). Have only had good service from them.

IHF Products cc

4 Martin Koch Street

Vorna Valley

Midrand

Tel: 011 805 1028

Take them to the service centre in Midrand. They'll do it while you wait (if they are not too busy). Have only had good service from them.

IHF Products cc

4 Martin Koch Street

Vorna Valley

Midrand

Tel: 011 805 1028

Thank you , will take it there

I have had nothing but great service from Polar in Midrand. They fixed/upgraded my CS200, replaced the batteries in the my CS400 and CS600 for less than R800. The way to go.

Good luck finding a battery , my 725SX keeps on resetting itself and fades when placed close to the strap. So I thought I would look for a battery for it CR2354- after 2 weeks of going to every conceivable shop , I am about to give up and maybe have to send it to polar

Look here.... I will go there tomorrow

http://za.rs-online....354&sra=oss&r=t

RS Components (SA)

P.O. Box 12182

Vorna Valley 1686

20 Indianapolis Street

Kyalami Business Park

Kyalami

Midrand

South Africa

Order Lines:

Order Line 0860 222 333

Reception +27(0)11 691 9300

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

Email sales.za@rs-components.com

Quoteline:

Telephone 086 000 7772

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

General Enquiries:

Telephone 086 000 7772

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

Order Lines:

Order Line 0860 222 333

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

Quoteline:

Telephone 086 000 7772

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

General Enquiries:

Telephone 086 000 7772

Fax +27(0)11 466 1577

Same thing happened to me. Go to a reputable shop that does watch repairs. They will tell you that they don't have any. Ask them to inquire with their supplier and get them to order you one. If they won't then try another shop. Panasonic or Energizer make them.

Don't take no for an answer.

Make an apppointment and they will help you there and then!

Battery is like R80!

New batteries for the Polar costs less than R13.00

New batteries for the Polar costs less than R13.00

Jip, R80 if they do it, checked my invoice from last year. They add a new seal (yes, I know its only 3c worth) but it worth having them have a look, making sure all is 100% and its still watertight.

Yes the newer generation polars one can change batteries yself but the older 720 and 725 take it in and let them waterproof itbagain, i killed my other 720 thinking i could do it myself.

Problem is if your housing is stuffed you are stuck bacuase polar dont have spares, intook another housing from an old polar and they could get things going again