Stellenbosch to Prins Albert

straatvark

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ai Cassie, moenie krap waar dit nie jeuk nie :D

Die Pioneer ry vandag oor my swaar se plaas en ek brand om daar te wees.

• 5 months later...

This was plan B for me as well, if Fox did not want to take us over the Gamka dam. (But had my doubts if it is possible to go down with a bike on the shoulder, so took the boat option when Fox agreed to it) It would have meant an extra night in the Hell as well.

We then met 'Richard', a retired guy from Grahamstown in Anysberg on his way to go down the Ladder. He also did not knew if it was possible, but budgeted a full day to go up & down if required to take his bike & panniers in parts down. (If anyone have contact details for him I would appreciate it.)

DJR, yes we go back quite regularly (by car & loaded MTB though) and I'm slowly working trough the area, but my brother in law's farm itself has so many jeep/single track itself (some of it used by the Bridge Pioneer race) that is hard to get far away :blush: I know you are interested in 'die aap' as well and mentioned before it is problematic. I heard that a section is washed away, is that true? We recced the easy bit from the bottom this time. Maybe I must just closed my eyes one day and take a lift to the top and give it a go with enough 'proviant' to survive a night if things go South.

I see Richard Grant have his article in the "Weg" #115. What a trip he had*.... the kind of stuff that should be done more.

* - my claim to fame can now be the beer that is mentioned in the article :clap:

• 6 months later...

I organise a few trips a year just for fun.

See www.kkkcycle.co.za .

What is not on the site is a trip 1 st week in Feb from Hermanus to George all ( almost ) dirt .

Archived