RockShox Coil Suspension Softer Spring

lone one

I currently have RockShox Dart Coil suspension on my MTB, i have turned the dampener all the way to the softest setting and this still gives me a very very hard ride. (lock out is off)

I am a light weight (57kg) so i am wondering where one can buy a softer coil. It seems like a fairly basic process of changing the coil, but i cant seem to find a place to buy the coil

Any suggestions

Pretty sure I can find you one. There are only two stock options, firm and soft, so just check which one you've got - take off the topcap on the spring leg and see what colour your existing spring is. If it's red then there's a softer one available. If it's black then we'll have to make another plan.

Pretty sure I can find you one. There are only two stock options, firm and soft, so just check which one you've got - take off the topcap on the spring leg and see what colour your existing spring is. If it's red then there's a softer one available. If it's black then we'll have to make another plan.

Standard spring is the Medium one as said on RS site.

Standard spring is the Medium one as said on RS site.

I trust what I see, not what the manual says. Well, in this case I'll have to look by proxy but same idea.

Logic says that smaller frames should be sold with softer springs if the bike was bought complete, but it's never easy to predict whether or not logic has been applied...

Ride with keys in your pocket to add weight.... :thumbup:

57kgs..... Fark you need to eat something!

You can always get one made if you don't come right through the suppliers. Have a look at the spec of your current spring as well as the next spring up and see what the jump in stiffness is (Should be in kg/m) If that info is not available measure the free length of the spring, count the number of coils and check to see if they are evenly spaced along the length of the spring. If they are closer together at one end you have a progressive spring rate. Also measure the wire diameter.

If you want your new spring softer your wire diameter will be less for the same number of coils. The manufacturer will be able to advise on the wire size.

Rather go through the manufacturer first though. Use the "make a new one" option as a last resort. or upgrade to an airfork.