Astana team kicked out of TDF

epoh

It is interesting that we still have this debate.  The foreign mags (particularly CycleSport and Procycling' date=' to a lesser extent) talk of the late 90s and last five years as years that may as well be written out of the record books.  The shift in attitude is absolute.  It seems that the consensus is that the results are simlar to those that were achieved by the East German Olympians years ago.  Although the records still stand and there was no official striking of the results it is commonly known that those results are more based on illegal drug regimes than sporting prowess.  I don't believe that cycling will be able to look at the past ten years any differently.

[/quote']That wouldn't have anything to do with the American dominance in the past 10 years would it? Come on, remember a certain individual (Tom Simpson) who died on a famous climb (Mont Ventoux) in 67 I think it was??

To claim that the past 10 years have been any different to earlier years is just selective memory and to put it bluntly simply bullsh*t.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 100% true....

It only happened to one woman. At first they though it was because of a failed pregnancy but was in fact due to her using HCG (Human Chorionic Ganodotrophins) without the Team doctors knowing.

Its still very difficult if impossible to catch a woman on testosterone as there is no natural epitestosterone to measure against. The reason that she was so strong was because she had used HCG right through her course. to not allow the T/E ratios to exceed 6 to 1.

Another factor was the result of Pausine. Growth hormones extracted from a Pig. Sounds unreal but this was actually the strongest GH ever discovered. The East Germans innitialy only tried this out on Woman untill the 1988 olympics.

Pregnant woman are in fact not stronger at all .........

Chunky I knew otherwise. Do you know what the athlete's name was off hand? Regarding Le Mond, again Im speaking from my perspective; it saddens me to hear that. I was under the impression that being the first American to ride the Tour and make it in Europe that there was something more to him. His days were slightly ahead of me watching or following cycling as a sport, but I built up a cleaner image of him from reading articles, reports and watching footage! How do you fit into the grand scheme of things in the cycling world Chunky?

To claim that the past 10 years have been any different to earlier years is just selective memory and to put it bluntly simply bullsh*t.

And the next 10 years wont be any different either.....

How do you fit into the grand scheme of things in the cycling world Chunky?

I dont..LOLLOLLOL

Been extremely busy  since the Carte Blanche story LOL

Couldnt have advertised better if I tried myself.

Hey Barry

Been keeping well. Keeping other in shape now more than myself.

I see SCC popping up everywhere now hey. You guys need to slow down or you going to burn out.

All good here Chunky,

Doing a bit more MTBing now but I'm sure I'll be back racing road soon. Trying to drag Johan vd Berg out from hiding!

Chat soon.

I assume that that is tongue and cheek

Why ???

Well then what do you mean that the Carte Blanche episode was such good advertising? because otherwise I wouldn't be too happy....

Well then what do you mean that the Carte Blanche episode was such good advertising? because otherwise I wouldn't be too happy....

Put it this way, I turned a seemingly bad situation into a very good one.

Put it this way' date=' I turned a seemingly bad situation into a very good one.
[/quote']

So what part of the health and sport industry are you involved in? Im interested to know what the market is like etc. I need to do a journal where I shadow a Biokineticist or other heakth professional and perform various tasks etc

Boeing,

If you know what you are doing and the athletes trust you there is plenty of opportunities in Sport. Not just cycling but other sports too.

Biokinetics is unforrunately something I know very little about so I am definately not going to even comment on the subject. There are a few other things I am quite knowledgable in and I always think its best to stick to what you know.Wink

Hmmm, a journal hey...

Put it this way' date=' I turned a seemingly bad situation into a very good one.
[/quote']

So what part of the health and sport industry are you involved in? Im interested to know what the market is like etc. I need to do a journal where I shadow a Biokineticist or other heakth professional and perform various tasks etc

Boeing

Speak to Simon Henderson aka Grey Owl. He owns a Physio Practice and knows plenty Biokineticists. I am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction.

I am not sure shadowing me would be such a great ideaLOLLOLLOL

Yup, a journal. It's going to be an interesting task, but Il make it fun and I plan to gain some useful experience from it. I believe the opportunities are there, but I need to consider my options when applying for honours. The direction of getting a Doctorate in Physiology and Biochemistry seems to be an attractive choice. It will be a better option for the overseas market!

No-one can argue with you on the stuff you know about Wink

So apart from being a previous springbok, what else do you know about? Do you have any tertiary qualifications? (Sorry if I come across as invasive. I hope you don't mind; I crave information!)