Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

Had a good giggle at the one chick on day 2 when we hit the river crossing before the first water point ... she proclaimed after dropping down that bank before the bridge

"am I the only one looking forward to Kims K*k Off?? ... cus this is so scary!"

hahahaha

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why didnt you guys go up spionkop?

It rained on the Friday night and they said the descent wouldn't be safe..

I understand that, we did a part of that descent and it was slippery.

Last thing I want is to have fallen off the side of spoinkop on the way down :whistling:

It rained on the Friday night and they said the descent wouldn't be safe..

I understand that, we did a part of that descent and it was slippery.

Last thing I want is to have fallen off the side of spoinkop on the way down :whistling:

what a pity...that bit down from the top is awesome

why didnt you guys go up spionkop?

Yeah also they said the chopper couldnt get off the ground as the cloud was too low.

- But then again i was under the opinion that the chopper was for video not medical ... but anyway.

The issue would have been Skeletons loop where it is very exposed and if something went wrong there there could have been an issue.

The rest of the trails were fine ... IMO i would have liked to have gone up ... but then again, I revel in those slippery loose conditions. I know for a fact that 3 of the 6 people in my riding crew would have hated it ... so going up to please 1 of 6 ... I think Gary made the sensible choice in sending us around

what a pity...that bit down from the top is awesome

We still got to ride Long Drop Pass though ... we entered from Everest side and climbed up to it ... that was still slick for the front teams, but by the time i got there it was perfectly tacky.

Yeah also they said the chopper couldnt get off the ground as the cloud was too low.

- But then again i was under the opinion that the chopper was for video not medical ... but anyway.

The issue would have been Skeletons loop where it is very exposed and if something went wrong there there could have been an issue.

The rest of the trails were fine ... IMO i would have liked to have gone up ... but then again, I revel in those slippery loose conditions. I know for a fact that 3 of the 6 people in my riding crew would have hated it ... so going up to please 1 of 6 ... I think Gary made the sensible choice in sending us around

Left a skidmark in my jocks at j2c this year. If you fall there, nag nellie

Left a skidmark in my jocks at j2c this year. If you fall there, nag nellie

hahahaha classic - but its a cool piece of trail ... I think it would have been *** to ride though (that Climb up to the viewing point) as it would have been like riding in peanut butter ... From the top down to there and then that descent on the backside of Spionkop would have been AMAZING as far as im concerned. But then again, thats me ... and i was told on at least 3 occasions this weekend that i have a screw or 2 loose after passing people in the air over rocks etc. hahaha

hahahaha classic - but its a cool piece of trail ... I think it would have been *** to ride though (that Climb up to the viewing point) as it would have been like riding in peanut butter ... From the top down to there and then that descent on the backside of Spionkop would have been AMAZING as far as im concerned. But then again, thats me ... and i was told on at least 3 occasions this weekend that i have a screw or 2 loose after passing people in the air over rocks etc. hahaha

Its is, imo that spionkop up and down was THE section at j2c....better than the umko, but that is just me. Loved every second.

Lucky the shammy cream makes that easy to remove :ph34r:

Or adds as top up, win win either way you look at it :whistling:

Anyone know how i can get ahold of the CD via Aramex?

we left yesturday and forgot to hand in our detials so that they could send us a copy.

and i was told on at least 3 occasions this weekend that i have a screw or 2 loose after passing people in the air over rocks etc. hahaha

Best part of MTBing.. those descent where you fly down and come on... one has to get airborne while doing it, else you aren't making the most it.

Edited by Gen

Anyone know how i can get ahold of the CD via Aramex?

we left yesturday and forgot to hand in our detials so that they could send us a copy.

Shite... we also forgot to do that.

And I am having issues seeing the pics.. but I think I may be in a bit of a hurry, think they are still busy sorting that out.

Best part of MTBing.. those descent where you fly down and come on... one has to get airborne while doing it, else you aren't making the most it.

Totally ... skids, buck jumps and wheelies are the way of the future in MTB.

Totally ... skids, buck jumps and wheelies are the way of the future in MTB.

ha ha ha..

Tell you what if I lived in the Hillcrest area or around anywhere there I would only do downhill..

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are.

ha ha ha..

Tell you what if I lived in the Hillcrest area or around anywhere there I would only do downhill..

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are.

Oh I do dont worry. Mate of mines just moved up to JHB, and is wishing he was back here so he could ride Giba and KArkloof with us..

But for u okes above the Vaal ... u can easily make a plan with Lee from Go Green Safaris ... they can do private weekends around Spionkop etc ... OK its 4 hours drive - but for a weekend where you can custom make your route etc ... thats worth it. You stay in the Tugela River Lodge ( I think) .. and then ride every day ...

Im looking at getting two 8-bike trailers and going there and shuttling Spionkop for a day ... Drive up - Ride down!