Anyone using Superstar Switch evo hubs?

rufus

Anyone using these hubs?? Found the page while browsing around for info on wheelsets.

Their pricing looks good,quality also not bad according to online reviews but would appreciate real time experience from someone on the hub.

I have their Pro 320 Singlespeed hub and their Superfast front hub on my Surly. No problems at all.

Guest Omega Man

Anyone using these hubs?? Found the page while browsing around for info on wheelsets.

Their pricing looks good,quality also not bad according to online reviews but would appreciate real time experience from someone on the hub.

I'm running one of their pre built wheelsets and I briefly had the Trizoid rear and Tesla front hub on my dh bike. My Mate Richard has Tesla Front & Rear and put them through 9 days of Alpine DH abuse and they came out fine. All in all I'd say they are great hubs.

If you want to buy a full wheelset beware. There is a 100 pound delivery charge on large items so you need to factor that in.

I have their Pro 320 Singlespeed hub and their Superfast front hub on my Surly. No problems at all.

Only looking at the hubs. What delivery method was used? Tracking numbers? Delivery time?

Edited by Kable269

I'm running one of their pre built wheelsets and I briefly had the Trizoid rear and Tesla front hub on my dh bike. My Mate Richard has Tesla Front & Rear and put them through 9 days of Alpine DH abuse and they came out fine. All in all I'd say they are great hubs.

If you want to buy a full wheelset beware. There is a 100 pound delivery charge on large items so you need to factor that in.

Only looking at the Hubs,complete wheelset delivered to Namibia will cost 120.00. What delivery method was used?

Edited by Kable269

Guest Omega Man

Only looking at the Hubs,complete wheelset delivered to Namibia will cost 120.00. What delivery method was used?

Erm. I can't remember but it was reasonably painless.

Kable I have the green switch Evos on my GT Force.

For the price they are excellent hubs. I have replaced the rear wheel bearings twice now but they use the std size bearings that you get here in SA so its cheap and easy to do.

I find they work really well

THEY ARE NOT THE LIGHTEST - but they are still cool and i have had no hassles.

Their shipping is cool as well they just ship it straight too you and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I cant remember what i paid but it wasnt too bad

i have had mine for 3 years now ... so they work well - just (like all hubs should be) service your module now and again - its super simple to do with 2x 17 spanners - I think they are great

Only looking at the hubs. What delivery method was used? Tracking numbers? Delivery time?

I also only ordered their hubs. If I recall correctly, they took approx 10 days to arrive but I don't think there was a tracking number.

Kable I have the green switch Evos on my GT Force.

For the price they are excellent hubs. I have replaced the rear wheel bearings twice now but they use the std size bearings that you get here in SA so its cheap and easy to do.

I find they work really well

THEY ARE NOT THE LIGHTEST - but they are still cool and i have had no hassles.

Their shipping is cool as well they just ship it straight too you and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I cant remember what i paid but it wasnt too bad

Listen to this guy. He is a world champ! :thumbup:

Thug is right - i didnt get a tracking number but they arrived after a week

Did they deliver to your door or post office?

Absolutely love mine. Running them on my Inbred SS. Initial reviews say the bearings were kuk, i took the risk cause i know how simple they are to replace. Got close to 1000kms on mine, one of the best decision i made!

post-8906-1380264196,0515.jpg

post-8906-1380264216,8053.jpg

post-8906-1380264241,824.jpg

Love my switch evos. Modeled on the hope pro 2 evo, just quieter. Still going strong after 1 year, no hassles. Spares are easy to come by, and shipment wasn't an issue. They send it by normal international mail so probably a week to deliver to the post office.

Ordered a set of skewers from them as well and they went straight to my post box.

I'd definitely buy from them again.