Bike Fitting

BluffGrunter

Does anyone know of a company or person that does Bike fitment in Durban. I see there is plenty places in JHB and CPT but nothing in Durban.

@bluffgrunter..also been looking for a comprehensive bike fit in the durban area..been doing some googling and there seems to be quite a few 'options' with regards to different bike fits..ErgoFit, BG fit.. anyone doing ErgoFit in the durban area?

okay - firstly - which discipline? Road, or MTB?

If MTB, is it XC or Marathon?

If anything other than XC or Marathon racing / riding - don't bother. Ride what's comfortable, 'cos if you step into a bike fit session with a trail / AM bike and try to "fit" it, they will apply XC racing specifics to your trail bike, which could end up with a 100mm stem and a saddle setback of godknowswhat.

If XC / Marathon / Road - go ahead. I've had good reports from the Ergofit guys, as well as the BG fit guys. I don't know of any proper guys in the Durban area, though...

Good luck!

Im converting my rd bike into a tt bike. I have bought the full bar set up and a tt seat post and seat. I need to know how to set it up properly

Im converting my rd bike into a tt bike. I have bought the full bar set up and a tt seat post and seat. I need to know how to set it up properly

Sweet. Then yeah, for tt setup is critical.

• 3 weeks later...

CycleFit set me up and I've never been happier! And it won't hurt the bank like some other set ups out there. Don't think that you get less "set up" cause it's a better price. CycleFit are very technical - Measure all geometry, film side on and from the front. Before and after videos are astonishing! I didn't think much would change, but I was wrong. Even the smallest adjustments made the biggest difference. From 1 100km ride to the next (after set up) I felt so much stronger and more efficient on the bike! Back at the car park after both rides - worlds apart. 1st week - dead, second week, fresh-ish :P