Which Shock Pump?

Guest Hollow Man

Definitely worth buying a shock pump, especially if you own a Dual Suss. Forget the "recommended pressures", do a bit of internet research, play around on the trails for a day and you'll quickly have a different beast on your hands once you've dialled in your own suspension settings. It seems daunting. PSI, rebound, compression etc, but youll quickly get a feel for it.

My Lezyne packed up on me a week back, and i could only find a Giant pump locally at short notice. Paid 450 for it, and its a solid piece of kit.

Yeah, been using the Giant combo pump for ages without hassle....

http://www.tomwallacecycles.com.au/images/detailed/0/GIANT_Shock_Pump.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those RS pumps do 300psi without too much trouble, they've got about the thinnest barrel of any of the pumps I've seen.

The pump will be fine, they last me about 6 months of daily use in the shop, and get taken to 300psi at least once a day.

1 x cup cement prescribed  :whistling:

Thx :)

I see there is also another RS one that is rated to 600 psi. Should be easier to get to higher pressures w that one.

So you mostly use the RS one in the shop? Just for interest, how do they end up breaking?

Thx :)

I see there is also another RS one that is rated to 600 psi. Should be easier to get to higher pressures w that one.

So you mostly use the RS one in the shop? Just for interest, how do they end up breaking?

I use the RS ones in the shop cos they're cheap and cheerful and I haven't got round to sourcing an SKS one yet.

The inflator chuck usually strips after a few months, but mine will see more use in a week than yours will see in your entire cycling career, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Archived