Feeling ripped off

Garfield2010

Guest Latent Blue

Just a question... would a other brand/cheaper seatposr clamp not have worked... or is it only possible to use this "specific special type" of seat clamp?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The simple (and sad) fact is, they charge what they do cause they can. And we pay it.

How can you tell me that a top end bike costs more than my car?

R&D? How does making small adjustments ija mould compare to all the testing done on my polo?

Materials? 1kg of carbon vs 1.2 tons of various metals, plastics and glass?

It's not even like they engineer the gears, or wheels. It's BS man, but it happens cause we're stupid enough to pay!

You can cycle cheap, if you're patient and willing to do the work, and driving around. And my advice? NEVER TRUST AN LBS!

The amount of times I was screwed over by very reputable stores because I was a noob was ridiculous. And unfair. But I guess if your son wins tour De France stages you can sleep at night.

No need to be rude. Maybe you got charged R790 a$$hole tax.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA....sorry Garfield, looks like you got slammed by ArchedBackChinOut too.

Sorry about the spending spree. That is just ridiculous.

About the engineering side of things, I've got an uncle in Pinetown with an engineering business. He's got a bunch of machines and does all sorts of things, mostly with aluminium, but also with different steels etc. Maybe if you guys send me some ideas, or pics, and I can get in touch with him for estimated costs to manufacture. I assume for it to make sense, fairly large quantities will need to be made, but will get quotes for single orders so we can compare it to the bike- distribution-fat-cat's prices.

Cheers.

Guest Latent Blue
Obviously archedbackchinout is not working for his money.

Ja nee... R800... eish, no matter how much they lube that one... itll burn with the insert

I normally phone bearing man with the bearing number its way cheaper and you get better quality bearings as well.

My cannondale crank bearings costed me R600 for 2 ceramic ones, the same item but in n' normal sealed bearing german quality was +-R300 for 2, for n' even cheaper make "made in taiwan" sealed bearing it would of been +-R200 for both.