Give me your opinion please! Budget FS 29er

Single Track

Nice bike, good components - only problem is the weight - weighs over 14kg. I think most of the weight is due to the wheels those Kore wheels are quite heavy. All in all good value for money.

The fork is a very good one. Reba solo air is among the best. Far better than the fox offerings in the same segment.

As for the rest - it's a great mix. All depends on the price at the end of the day though. And yes. Wheels would be the first to go.

The fork is a very good one. Reba solo air is among the best. Far better than the fox offerings in the same segment.

As for the rest - it's a great mix. All depends on the price at the end of the day though. And yes. Wheels would be the first to go.

My only cnscern now is the weight, at 14kg's its a bit heavy!

Hmm. Seems a good, but then I'm not sure of the current pricing on new bikes.

Also check out the Scott spark and the giant anthem. Momsen would also be a good bet.

I like all those bikes but wont pick one up for R13 000 in a good condition....

got the Axis A10, those Kore wheels are heavy but indestructible, running tubeless tyres on mine without any issues, the Rheba is awesome, the only thing I dont like is the Avids, my back wheel keeps on rubbing, done the Attakwas, K2C x 2, and some other races with it and havent had to change / replace anything on it yet

Giant Anthem 29er X4 retailed for R16-17000, should be able to find one in a store for maybe R14000?

100% better bet than Axis at that price

The components on the Axis are on a completely different level to the giant. Axis is 100% better having a X9 and XO group mix with avid brakes. The fork is a reba on the axis vs the giants recon - one again axis takes it... Wheels on both bikes are pretty bad! That leaves us with the frame- axis is supposedly designed by scott so i dont think it can be that bad.

Edited by Single Track

Giant Anthem 29er X4 retailed for R16-17000, should be able to find one in a store for maybe R14000?

100% better bet than Axis at that price

No no no. Anthem is a good bike but you'd need to spend 10k to get it to the same parts spec as the axis. Then there are still the wheels.

Go for it dude. Can always swap out the frame at a later stage.

No no no. Anthem is a good bike but you'd need to spend 10k to get it to the same parts spec as the axis. Then there are still the wheels.

Go for it dude. Can always swap out the frame at a later stage.

Ya, that s the plan, and you never know, I may really like the frame - them its just the wheels that I need to upgrade. I bought the bike R11 000!!! The seller was such a nice guy, bike is in new condition.

That's a good price. I have been quoted R9000 for a medium Giant full suspension frame only

That's a good price. I have been quoted R9000 for a medium Giant full suspension frame only

Intersting, I just wish there were more reviews on this axis frame.