Kona 2013

Garfield2010

I will put my money on Frederick van Lierde for the win.... James for a top 6.

Is Kona behind us? In other words when can we watch the live streaming? Sunday evening?

Edited by Garfield2010

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Kona behind us? In other words when can we watch the live streaming? Monday evening?

No think it starts Saturday night at 7 our time

It will show on Sunday, Race is on the 12th (Sat) - you can watch live straming through the IM official website (not sure of the quality though)

Ronnie Schildknecht, Andreas Raelert, Pete Jacobs for the podium .... James could do top 5 ... just seen him pull out the few times if he isnt near the front, which is a little disapointing.

Is Kona behind us? In other words when can we watch the live streaming? Monday evening?

Saturday 6pm our time it starts

Question are...Where can we watch it live...other than Ironman live which usually sucks

Saturday 6pm our time it starts

Question are...Where can we watch it live...other than Ironman live which usually sucks

Only know about Ironman live. Coverage was ok-ish last year.

My top 5 (in no particular order):

Andy Potts, Ronnie Schildknecht, Dirk Bockel, Pete Jacobs, Andreas Raelert.

Well you tube has live channels... My TV is on my ADSL line so I watch realtime HD channels without any lag (most of the time).

Andreas and Pete have been injured and so have Alexander... Not to say they wont feature but I saw van Lierde race Abu Dhabi and he destroyed the field (including Macca and Llanos) in very hot temps....

I think James will do well. Remember these guys race for a living (sponsors and prize money). If they race a normal IM and it becomes clear they wont be top 2, they normally quit so that they can race quicker again. If they had to finish every race then they would not race as often. Kona is different. Just getting a top 10 in Kona is like winning another IM.

I don't know if James has a fast enough bike to make top 5 in a full IM.

He's been doing well in the 70.3s, but, as we all know, there's a huge difference between 70.3 & 140.6.

His run is awesome, but he lags a bit on the bike against the other top guys.

Really looking forward to seeing how Jodie Swallow fairs against the top ladies in the sport, as she hasn't raced the top ladies in her previous IM's. My money is on a podium for her!

Top 5. Eneko Llanos, Kienle, Crowie, Andreas Realert, Pete Jacobs. Outside chance for James for top 10. Too many old heads there .

Ideal plot: Llanos, Crowie, Realert, Jacobs and James coming off the bike 6 minutes behind Kienle...then I'll stay up until it is done!

Well you tube has live channels... My TV is on my ADSL line so I watch realtime HD channels without any lag (most of the time).

Andreas and Pete have been injured and so have Alexander... Not to say they wont feature but I saw van Lierde race Abu Dhabi and he destroyed the field (including Macca and Llanos) in very hot temps....

I think James will do well. Remember these guys race for a living (sponsors and prize money). If they race a normal IM and it becomes clear they wont be top 2, they normally quit so that they can race quicker again. If they had to finish every race then they would not race as often. Kona is different. Just getting a top 10 in Kona is like winning another IM.

Couldn't agree more!! The pro start list is jam packed with the best in the sport! Only people missing are those that are injured.

Really looking forward to seeing how Jodie Swallow fairs against the top ladies in the sport, as she hasn't raced the top ladies in her previous IM's. My money is on a podium for her!

Tough for a first timer to podium (Luc van Lierde and Chrissie the obvious outliers). My podium for girls: Caroline Steffen, Rachel Joyce, Mirinda Carfrae

He's been doing well in the 70.3s, but, as we all know, there's a huge difference between 70.3 & 140.6.

Well any person who has done an ironman in under 08h00 has to be a contender.... He has won Challenge Roth and finished 2nd a year later in which is arguably the biggest race outside Kona.....

Yes maybe he is a bit young still and don't have the experience of the other guys but I really think he can surprise with a top 10 easily and even close to the number 6 spot which is my prediction...

Obviously Van Lierde is not well know. All I can say is submit to the Garf on Monday when he has won.

So after the drive back from the Amashova to Bfn I will watch this race on Sunday evening. Gonna be awesome

Sub 8 at Roth? Seems quick to me