Steilte Trails

Guest Omega Man

Omega: what's the normal 'riding' schedule at steilte? I'm very very amped to hang out there more often. that top section is amazeballs.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omega: what's the normal 'riding' schedule at steilte? I'm very very amped to hang out there more often. that top section is amazeballs.

Keen to meetup on Saturday ? I think the "riding schedule" is mostly ad-hoc.

Guest Omega Man

Glad you like it.

Jan has done some amazing stuff there hey?

There's no schedule as such. Just the standard rules.

1. Members only trails. Please respect this guys.
  2. If you aren't a member you can only ride with a member and only after you have filled in the indemnity form and paid your R50 day fee. The boxes have been moved to the gate of Jan's house.
  3. Shuttling only allowed using members vehicles.
  4. Watch out for retards on the 4x4 track. Guaranteed they aren't watching for you. In fact their favorite game seems to be stopping IN the road gaps.

There is a complication around access. We can't use the cement road anymore so we have to use the 4x4 trail access. If you give me your mail address I'll send you the mail Jan sent to the members.

Guest Omega Man

Where is Mark Gordons trail park ? Maybe it's good that there aren't going to be man riders, can walk the trails up and take my time.

Sedgefield.

http://www.gardenroutetrailpark.com/

I might have accidentally tripped and organised myself a Spec S-Works Enduro to test out this weekend.

Glad you like it.

Jan has done some amazing stuff there hey?

There's no schedule as such. Just the standard rules.

1. Members only trails. Please respect this guys.

2. If you aren't a member you can only ride with a member and only after you have filled in the indemnity form and paid your R50 day fee. The boxes have been moved to the gate of Jan's house.

3. Shuttling only allowed using members vehicles.

4. Watch out for retards on the 4x4 track. Guaranteed they aren't watching for you. In fact their favorite game seems to be stopping IN the road gaps.

There is a complication around access. We can't use the cement road anymore so we have to use the 4x4 trail access. If you give me your mail address I'll send you the mail Jan sent to the members.

ag flip man, now i need to go buy a vehicle with higher ground clearance *sigh*. I haven't yet joined the club, so I'll do that once i have the necessary forms. But without shuttle days or other okes with pick ups, i'll be stuck, and there's no way on this blue planet i'm pushing up those jeep tracks to get to the track proper.

Guest Omega Man

ag flip man, now i need to go buy a vehicle with higher ground clearance *sigh*. I haven't yet joined the club, so I'll do that once i have the necessary forms. But without shuttle days or other okes with pick ups, i'll be stuck, and there's no way on this blue planet i'm pushing up those jeep tracks to get to the track proper.

Mountain Bikers are supposed to have trucks bro.

A nice Ford Ranger Wildtrak perhaps?

Mountain Bikers are supposed to have trucks bro.

A nice Ford Ranger Wildtrak perhaps?

yeah, been eyeballing that, along with the Jeep....choices choices..

Guest Omega Man

yeah, been eyeballing that, along with the Jeep....choices choices..

I don't want to derail this thread but take it from someone who's had one.

DO NOT under any circumstances buy a Jeep. Ever.

If someone gives you one for free you should ask yourself why they hate you enough to give you one.

Edited by Omega Man

Hey Omega man, how long would it take to walk from the gate/wherever I'm allowed to park, to the top of the trails ?

Also old school Toyota Landcruiser >>

Guest Omega Man

Hey Omega man, how long would it take to walk from the gate/wherever I'm allowed to park, to the top of the trails ?

Also old school Toyota Landcruiser >>

Honestly I have no idea dude. Best thing is to phone Jan.

ag flip man, now i need to go buy a vehicle with higher ground clearance *sigh*.

Haha, after Omega's extremely personal insult the other day ("Real mountain bikers have trucks") and almost scraping my underbody at Tokai, I'm also scanning Autotrader at the moment...

Guest Omega Man

Haha, after Omega's extremely personal insult the other day ("Real mountain bikers have trucks") and almost scraping my underbody at Tokai, I'm also scanning Autotrader at the moment...

Sorry bro. It had to be said. After this post let's get back on topic.

My wife got a Ford Kuga yesterday and I really really really really wish someone would come out with a mid size (Sportage, Kuga, Freelander) sized double cab. so I could load my bikes and 3 mates and hit the trails like that. Instead the double cabs a HUGE and getting bigger.

Sorry bro. It had to be said. After this post let's get back on topic.

My wife got a Ford Kuga yesterday and I really really really really wish someone would come out with a mid size (Sportage, Kuga, Freelander) sized double cab. so I could load my bikes and 3 mates and hit the trails like that. Instead the double cabs a HUGE and getting bigger.

http://www.integramotors.co.za/images/chanasouble_big.jpg

I don't want to derail this thread but take it from someone who's had one.

DO NOT under any circumstances buy a Jeep. Ever.

If someone gives you one for free you should ask yourself why they hate you enough to give you one.

hoekom? what's the story there?