Pump track

BrendanM

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a chain across the track to stop vagrants from riding without consent.

All builders will know the code to take it off.

All non builders are required to pay a R10 Beer & Builders fee when they come to ride, they will need to go during work hours or when others that know the code are there.

Surely it will take more than two build days to finish? This weekend is out for me again.

You underestimate our productivity!

We'll be able to finish what we started this past Saturday. We'd only need more build days if we add on or drastically change the design.

Is it a 26" or 29" track...?

hahaha!

I personally don't think it will be well suited to the big wheelers. Mike even said that the only bike he ever struggled with on the pump track was a 29er.

BMXes work best, then dirt jump bikes. Peach had his 24" trials bike there (and whilst he was able to get it going, I struggled on that sucker). My 4X bike managed it surprisingly well (for a dual suss).

But yeah, a 29" might be able to get around, but I think one of the rhythm sections might be a bit tight.

hahaha!

I personally don't think it will be well suited to the big wheelers. Mike even said that the only bike he ever struggled with on the pump track was a 29er.

BMXes work best, then dirt jump bikes. Peach had his 24" trials bike there (and whilst he was able to get it going, I struggled on that sucker). My 4X bike managed it surprisingly well (for a dual suss).

But yeah, a 29" might be able to get around, but I think one of the rhythm sections might be a bit tight.

Dammit...! My BMX is a 29r, my HT is a 29r and my 26r is in pieces for a refurb. I'll have to just bring a spade.

Dammit...! My BMX is a 29r, my HT is a 29r and my 26r is in pieces for a refurb. I'll have to just bring a spade.

That's what we like to hear!

We have a bit of an inside joke going with Mr Christmas Tree, as he is notorios for leaning on spades and chit-chatting while others dig :lol:

When he pitched up on Saturday in riding gear, with bike, and no spade we ragged him a bit. But he did surprise us by hauling some dirt.

A remnder to all (yes especially YOU BrendanM) that we'll be working on the Mike's Bikes pump track from 14:00 tomorrow afternoon!

Guest Omega Man

A remnder to all (yes especially YOU BrendanM) that we'll be working on the Mike's Bikes pump track from 14:00 tomorrow afternoon!

2 Mutzigs says ..........

So what time do you guys expect to be finished?