Crater Cruise 40km route: your thoughts

NOFX

The entry fee for the 40km included a free entry for the 23km on the Saturday. We made a weekend of it and rode the 23km on Saturday and 40km on Sunday. We new what was coming (fast & flat), so we enjoyed the trip out. We got what we expected and payed for.

You've obviously never ridden the 56 km cruise from the past years. That was in Parys as the route was better the Sabie or Groenies..........

seriously.

Made a weekend of the event, did the 23km with my son on Saturday and then the 40km on Sunday (money well spent!).

I enjoyed the fact that the route was fairly flat and fast (even enjoyed doing Sorryberg). I must say that it was a bit disappointing when the 56km became 40km, I was still ready for another 16km when I finnished. Going through the informal settlement was different (way out of my comfort zone), but I do not think it was unsafe (especially riding in a group).

Made a weekend of the event, did the 23km with my son on Saturday and then the 40km on Sunday (money well spent!).

I enjoyed the fact that the route was fairly flat and fast (even enjoyed doing Sorryberg). I must say that it was a bit disappointing when the 56km became 40km, I was still ready for another 16km when I finnished. Going through the informal settlement was different (way out of my comfort zone), but I do not think it was unsafe (especially riding in a group).

I quite enjoyed going through there and having the support of the locals. It was properly organised which made it nice. It was a 40km sprint for me which was enjoyable after a year of doing the Ultras and Marathons.

I rode the corrugated road from the previous years 56km on Saturday in the 103km and I am really glad they removed it from the half marathons route. It does not really add anything to the race.

After the 103km on Saturday, I enjoyed the 40km route. Maybe a bit flat, but the route wasn't that bad. If I had only donw the 40km, I would have liked it to be a bit longer (as 56km for previous years). The corrugated district road I didn't miss at all and I am glad they removed it. Not sure they could make the route much longer without going out on corrugated roads though.