Crater Cruise 40km route: your thoughts

NOFX

Am I the only Mtber that rode the 40 km Crater Cruise race who thought that the new route was *** with a capital K?.

They have seemed to have taken 100 steps back with that route. I won't be back next year.

Your thoughts?

It wasn't that bad every one knew it was going to be flat and fast like the PTA races so it lived up to the expectations. I really enjoyed riding through the informal settlement.

The only part I didn't enjoy was the settlement section! I do admit it would've been nice to have had some river, but safety and logistics come first.

Am I the only Mtber that rode the 40 km Crater Cruise race who thought that the new route was *** with a capital K?.

They have seemed to have taken 100 steps back with that route. I won't be back next year.

Your thoughts?

I enjoyed this route more than last years. Last year was just riding out on a corrugated district road, turning around and coming back on the same route.

Well done to the organisers. Very well organised event and Ill definitely be back in 2014

Shew, ok..... Seems like I was the only one that didn't really enjoy it, to me, it just seems a shame that with the vast country open space in the Crater, that we must through an informal settlements and back track on some of the farm jeep tracks.

Surely they could still find some river tracks etc.

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the route

that was the fasted i have peddled, need to get fitter to ride like that again. I would love to know where those A batch lighties get the extra gears from, think my bike has lost a few gears cause it ain't as fast as theirs

I loved the granite pebble we climbed over, but ja fast, flat & dusty

Shew, ok..... Seems like I was the only one that didn't really enjoy it, to me, it just seems a shame that with the vast country open space in the Crater, that we must through an informal settlements and back track on some of the farm jeep tracks.

Surely they could still find some river tracks etc.

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the route

Since we haven't had rain, all the rivers disappeared!

It was better than previous year in the sense that we did not have that long stretch on the currogated road.

But R200 for 40 km, nah...

I think this one will die in a few years. Too far for me from Pta for a one day for just 40km @ R200

Rather do babbas lodge then

But really enjoyed the singletrack

Man, what a hoot! Road trip to Parys, lunch at Hoi Paloi, dinner at O's lovely hotel. We rode to the venue from the hotel like gangsta's. Quick race and home in Pta by 13:00. Fantastic weekend. Sure it was a boring road race on dust, but as a weekend, it rocked.

Rode the whole way with my son and loved it, it is Parys what did everyone expect Sabie? Groenkloof? ...... Like Rabubi though I feel that the entry fee is just greedy ;)

People were friendly and courteous (we started from F) and for that distance didn't need any water points!

At least it's a short trip there from Alberhoughton :)

Rode the whole way with my son and loved it, it is Parys what did everyone expect Sabie? Groenkloof? ...... Like Rabubi though I feel that the entry fee is just greedy ;)

People were friendly and courteous (we started from F) and for that distance didn't need any water points!

At least it's a short trip there from Alberhoughton :)

You've obviously never ridden the 56 km cruise from the past years. That was in Parys as the route was better the Sabie or Groenies..........

Since we haven't had rain, all the rivers disappeared!

The Vaal river hasn't dried up and never will

You've obviously never ridden the 56 km cruise from the past years. That was in Parys as the route was better the Sabie or Groenies..........

You're mistaken my friend :whistling: