Pulled Front Brake without Disc in

TrackGuy

Hi guys

Was servicing my bike today and stupid me finish up everything and I flipped the bike over and in this action I pulled the front brake level without the wheel being in.

Now I would like to know from you guys, how can I fix this problem now?

Thanks

Are the pads too close to the rotor now?

Take out the wheel, remove the pads, use something to carefully press the pistons back in place, insert pads and away you go.

I'd leave the pads in and use 2 wide flat screw drives wedged in to lever the pads open. Clean the screwdrivers with meths or what not before using them so the pads don't get contaminated.

with the car I used G clamps to push the pistons back when replacing pads and then top up the brake fluid level after some spilt out. do you do the same with the bike, guess not.

Yeah the pads are a bit too close now. I will try this out tomorrow and get back to you guys.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Ruan de Lange

Awesome thanks guys, it worked like a charm.

I am a DIY type of guy, so I am still learning all about the trade. Thanks a million guys!

Awesome thanks guys, it worked like a charm.

I am a DIY type of guy, so I am still learning all about the trade. Thanks a million guys!

Everyone starts somewhere.