Zee for xc riding

Magnetic

Hi, I just wondering how would a shimano zee setup work on a xc rig... Seeing that the crank is 1x10

Any comments/view?

Hi, I just wondering how would a shimano zee setup work on a xc rig... Seeing that the crank is 1x10

Any comments/view?

Might be a bit heavier than an XT/SLX 1 x 10 setup, but will work fine. (I don't know the weighta)

With the standard chainring you might need a a chainguide, but a RaceFace Narrow wide or Wolfstooth chainring will fit.

Guest Omega Man

Also there's 2 versions. a narrow ratio and a wide ratio. I guess it kind of means short cage and long cage. I'm not sure of the difference cos visually they look the same to me but for xc you'd probly go with the wide ratio one.

I'm coming off a Sram X9 and personally I really like the look of the zee and the lack of chainslap is the bee's knee's.

Also there's 2 versions. a narrow ratio and a wide ratio. I guess it kind of means short cage and long cage. I'm not sure of the difference cos visually they look the same to me but for xc you'd probly go with the wide ratio one.

I'm coming off a Sram X9 and personally I really like the look of the zee and the lack of chainslap is the bee's knee's.

AFAIK Narrow is for up to 11-28t and Wide is for up to 11-36t

Ran the Zee rear derailleur on my hardtail for Sani - worked perfectly! Currently have it on an enduro bike, and still no hassle! What is great (even with the wide ratio) - the cage is really short - so less likely to catch on stuff!

• 2 months later...

hi there,

I am thinking of running Zee on my single speed build. Crank and brakes? any suggestion or thoughts?

Who sells them locally or do you get them through CRC?

cheers.

Who sells them locally or do you get them through CRC?

Anyone who deals with a Shimano distributor should be able to order them for you. I know Coolheat distribute the Zee stuff.

Edited by Nick.

It will work fine as everyone else said, but it is heavier than SLX / XT, mainly because it is built to be stronger.

Go with the SLX / XT crankset and then just convert to wolftooth or raceface narrow wide chainring.

You dont need the strength of the Zee stuff on an XC rig, so why pay the weight penalty.

Go with the zee RD if you really want a short cage, but other than that I don't see the point.

According to a review the rd weighs 10 grams more than xt shadow +. Only one shifter so the setup mixed with xt cank should actually weigh in less.