Garmin Edge 500 Red Bundle

RudoJ

OK,

I have searched all over...I want this specific package, as some long service leave has been awarded to me. anyways

I've been on Easybike, EasyGis and Fittrack that best price for this would be around R3100-00. Locally that's probably the best price?

Just another question, the Red Bundle has the premium HRM strap or something, what is the difference (besides price) between this and the regular edge 500 bundle?

Thanks!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

I have searched all over...I want this specific package, as some long service leave has been awarded to me. anyways

I've been on Easybike, EasyGis and Fittrack that best price for this would be around R3100-00. Locally that's probably the best price?

Just another question, the Red Bundle has the premium HRM strap or something, what is the difference (besides price) between this and the regular edge 500 bundle?

Thanks!

Black is expensive

White does the same thing for cheaper

The unit is Red, that is all.

The bundle includes HR strap and cadence sensor.

Garmin SA did not want to honor warranty on the red units last time I sent a red one in.

They told me that they only bring the blue unit in.

Fork knows why they only do the blue unit, I don't have any blue on my bike! :eek:

They could not give me an answer either.

They did offer an international warranty at 500 bucks.

Not sure if they have changed their story of late?

The unit is Red, that is all.

The bundle includes HR strap and cadence sensor.

Garmin SA did not want to honor warranty on the red units last time I sent a red one in.

They told me that they only bring the blue unit in.

Fork knows why they only do the blue unit, I don't have any blue on my bike! :eek:

They could not give me an answer either.

They did offer an international warranty at 500 bucks.

Not sure if they have changed their story of late?

So they will not exchange a Red unit but can they fix it under warranty? Surely nit every warranty claim is a replacement. I was eyeing a Red bundle as I dont like the blue, alternatively it would have to be black.

If its the color only with a softer HRM strap and warranty issues, then blue/white will be the way to go.

Will find out about from Garmin SA. The red would have blended in nicely with my color scheme and off course added an extra dash of speed as well... :ph34r:

So they will not exchange a Red unit but can they fix it under warranty? Surely nit every warranty claim is a replacement. I was eyeing a Red bundle as I dont like the blue, alternatively it would have to be black.

Actually because the 500 is a closed unit, if a firmware upgrade or hard reset doesn't fix your issue, it fubar. Go Blue rudo...no diffs in functionality

Actually because the 500 is a closed unit, if a firmware upgrade or hard reset doesn't fix your issue, it fubar. Go Blue rudo...no diffs in functionality

Neh, in that case I'm gonna go with a 510. I have a red K-Edge mount as well.

Neh, in that case I'm gonna go with a 510. I have a red K-Edge mount as well.

Same issue I think, closed unit...510 is a waste of money. 500 is the one considering what you can get it for

Same issue I think, closed unit...510 is a waste of money. 500 is the one considering what you can get it for

Jy klink na n slim seun... :thumbup:

goedkoper unit is natuurlik gelyk aan meer zamalek vir die maand,,,

Yes but more likely Garmin will replace a 510 as its a new unit.

Jy klink na n slim seun... :thumbup:

goedkoper unit is natuurlik gelyk aan meer zamalek vir die maand,,,

yip, zamalek change is baie belangrik.

But the 510 is actually quite dissapointing considering garmin had +- 3 years to improve on the 500. What did they do.

Make a heavier, bigger unit that uses old bluetooth protocol that none of the newer bluetooth add on's can talk to.

That costs more.

That can upload to ONLY garmin connect that I don't use cause its hondnaai compared to strava and sporttracks

Give you the ability to connect live to people riding, but they have to carry a cellphone that has an app that can do the very same thing

500 ftw

Disagree ... you just havent played with the 510 long enough!

10 Bike profiles (I have 6)

Personal Records

Race & Train Profiles (I like different stats while racing ... power, ave's etc)

Easier to change info, just tap and hold what you wanna change

Easier to swich between bike profiles

Touch screen

Colour screen

Live tracking, bluetooth and being able to upload to Garmin Connect is just a bonus!

510 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes but more likely Garmin will replace a 510 as its a new unit.

In case like that I think they give you the option to pay in and upgrade....I would seriously skip the 510 and go for the 800 is given that option and they can replace my 500 with a 500

They offered to exchange it after getting the international warranty no problem ... but they point blank ONLY offered the blue unit un return.

I had no choice at the time. Took the blue they offered, sold it and imported the lovely Red ... again! :D

This is turning out to be very informative. Always one thing to read reviews etc on internet but much better hear what user impressions are. Been wanting to do this for more than a year, so looking forward to getting the gadget.