Ironman...not just about the refund, why not sub?

pd2dk

"Swim and bike for the show, run for the dough!"

I hope they paid the royalties for this saying to Bobby Locke

Good luck with the event

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they paid the royalties for this saying to Bobby Locke

Good luck with the event

...probably not! Thanks but I'm not taking part. My wife is the athlete...I'm just grumpy...just kidding - she's got more natural ability so only she entered. I can do the long slow stuff, she's all about speed! This would have been her first 5150, she was only worried about the 10k run.

...update. Still no reply from organizers regarding the email I sent that lead to this "rant". It gets worse, she can't drive to "register" to at least get the "goodie" bag...no offer from them to post it...

...update. Still no reply from organizers regarding the email I sent that lead to this "rant". It gets worse, she can't drive to "register" to at least get the "goodie" bag...no offer from them to post it...

I reckon IMSA offices have been very busy this past week with all the entries for the main ironman have been pouring in. Maybe take your wife down to the registration and race and let her get a feel for it even tho she cannot participate. Maybe it will make her even more hungry to get involved next year

I reckon IMSA offices have been very busy this past week with all the entries for the main ironman have been pouring in. Maybe take your wife down to the registration and race and let her get a feel for it even tho she cannot participate. Maybe it will make her even more hungry to get involved next year

Yup we thought about that, unfortunately circumstances dictates that I can't take her. But yes we thought about just "starting" the race and then go home. In her current state she will be able to float and kick on her back - she's an excellent swimmer! But can't risk the "fighting" at the washing machine turn buoys! Too fast for me...even when just kicking! :D

I mailed them to ask if someone can bring her ID just to get "something" - well yes no response. Understand they may be busy, just funny how quickly they respond when you enter, but in case you have a problem......nothing...

fabes, don't get me wrong, not trying to just think of "no's" to suggestions. But my idea with the original post was to try and get the "sportsmanship" or humanity out of them, not the business side. What is the big deal about not allowing substitutes. Even if it is a case of "cold feet". Everyone wins. The organizers get the money, the substitute is happy and the guy that does not or can't compete is happy. I really don't see what the big admin issue is? I can only think it is to prevent "scalping". But there are various ways to stop this, this threat has lots of suggestions.

Edited by pd2dk