Tips for Bike Sale Needed.

Greg29

Hi,

I'm planning on advertising my bike on the The Hub and would appreciate any tips on what to look out for and 'the usual shady tricks' that might be pulled :ph34r: :thumbdown: .

Thanks.

Be realistic....your bike is worth what people are prepared to pay for it...not what you think it is worth. Its a bit of a double edged sword where if you are selling you are pulling the short straw, but if you are buying, then you are winning. Good luck with the sale

Be realistic....your bike is worth what people are prepared to pay for it...not what you think it is worth. Its a bit of a double edged sword where if you are selling you are pulling the short straw, but if you are buying, then you are winning. Good luck with the sale

Yep, I know I'm going to take a knock on the price.

Yep, I know I'm going to take a knock on the price.

Ja look it sucks a bit, but the wheel turns and when you are buying, you score again...

If it's a 26er, your Avatar might come true....

Hee hee, good one! It is actually a 26er......

Make sure it is clean when you take the photo. We all know dirt is a bicycles worst enemy and if someone can't bother to clean for a sales, then he probably never cleans it.

Make sure it is clean when you take the photo. We all know dirt is a bicycles worst enemy and if someone can't bother to clean for a sales, then he probably never cleans it.

Ticked that box. I service my own bike so it's been stripped, cleaned and lubed!