FYI: Mavic Dealer Warning

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I buy a Brand New Cannondale SuperSix with Mavic Wheels as spec'd in the Cannondale catalog from my local LBS

The Cannondale is supplied in Kit form as a complete bike by Cape Cycle Systems from Cannondale USA

So now, Is my Mavic Wheels:

1. Grey Market Wheels? - No, It's not

2. Damaged, defective or so-called "B" stock goods? - No, It's not

3. Stolen Goods i.e. No Serial Numbers? - No, It's not

Is Cape Cycle Systems an Authorized Mavic Dealer????

If something goes wrong with my Wheels... will Mavic Fix it???

probably 40% of all Mavic Wheels available in South Africa come as part of a complete bike, so who covers that warranty???

As far as I understand,Cape Cycle Systems are the authorized dealer and when I put the same question to them about my Superlight which came with Crossmax's they said they pick up the tab for warranty claims.

As far as I understand' date='Cape Cycle Systems are the authorized dealer and when I put the same question to them about my Superlight which came with Crossmax's they said they pick up the tab for warranty claims.[/quote']

Cape cycles do not warranty the wheels you get on their bikes.

"No spares will be sold to dealers without authentic serial no's." 

Does that mean a local shop cannot carry spares? 

You have to go in with your wheel, give your serial no. to the lbs, they will then order accordingly from Mavic??  Long time to get spokes????

Mud Dee, Twice I've had problems with Ksyrium wheels bought with Cannondales, and twice Cape cycle Systems have sorted the problems out without any problems!!!!

Mud Dee' date=' Twice I've had problems with Ksyrium wheels bought with Cannondales, and twice Cape cycle Systems have sorted the problems out without any problems!!!![/quote']

Good to know. Maybe I should mention that the next time they tell me to sort it out with the importers.

Mud Dee' date=' Twice I've had problems with Ksyrium wheels bought with Cannondales, and twice Cape cycle Systems have sorted the problems out without any problems!!!![/quote']

Easy solution, just don't buy a Cannondale, buy something decent like a Cervelo or a Trek

don't know if its just me, but I can't remember when I had to return a part to the LBS cos it was faulty - bike parts usually work until you wear them out or break them.

plus all these places like CWC say they will warranty the stuff themselves, ie fix/replae/repair it as if they are the distributor.