Rear Shock Rotation??

Raydek

Hi

Kinda new to MTB and was wondering if I can rotate my rear shock by 180 degrees so that the rebound adjuster screw and lock out lever is on top instead at the bottom?post-49286-0-05878300-1384081254_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Ray

Thanks for the reply, all the mounting bushes etc look symmetrical so that should be ok. Would I need to "deflate" it first?

Be carefull, Fox has issued a warning that if fitted in the manner depicted above the shaft does not get lubricted properly as all the oil lies at bottom of chamber. Might have wear and warranty issues

Be carefull, Fox has issued a warning that if fitted in the manner depicted above the shaft does not get lubricted properly as all the oil lies at bottom of chamber. Might have wear and warranty issues

Huh? That's the stock way many shocks are supplied in frames, my fox shock has been fitted that way for the last 4yrs and still in perfect condition.

To the op, you don't need to deflate the shock before switching it but make sure all the levers and knobs etc have clearance from hitting any part of the frame right through the range of travel. And be aware that it may be seriously dangerous to have the levers etc at the top as it may be possible for your fingers to get pinched between the frame and shock if the shock is compressed while you are riding and trying to switch the lever on or off etc.

Thanks all, I have emailed the manufacturer to make sure the shock is capable of proper operation the other way around, if so I will be sure to check all clearances and watch my fingers, thanks Skylark.

Turn it round, deflate it and compress it to the bottom of its stroke. If there's no interference between the shock and the frame, it works.

As Ysterperd says, putting the air sleeve at the top will allow better lubrication of the seals, but you may run into clearance issues.