Schwalbe Hans Dampf

dillon

Apologies, the Racing Ralphs. Running the HD very low pressure for enduro riding. Allows for very aggressive riding on loose gravel etc.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the HD SG on my front wheel. Its heavy but very confidence inspiring. I'd agree that it works better on damp/loamy soil than summer sand, but its by no means a slouch there and converts to tubeless well. The NN's have a similar tread pattern but shorter knobs and are flimsy in comparison, unless you get the snakeskin or whatever they call the toughened version.

Another tyre I am trying for the first time at the moment is the WTB Bronson - wide for a 2.3 and lighter than the HD SG. Its a nice tight fit, pumps up tubeless like it has a tube in it and so far has not tried to burp off the rim...

Guest Omega Man

LOL. Yeah, just go Minion again. I'm gonna try the Muddy Mary's next time around. But tbh - nothing really grips in the sandy stuff that collects in the corners!

Put a fresh set of Minions on my DHR the other day and got my 3rd best strava down Tokkies DH. I wasn't trying AT ALL. It just grips and grips and grips.

I'm gonna take my Reign to that other place I'm not allowed to talk about. I reckon 2.35 Muddy Mary's will be the call. Good mud clearance and Rolling resistance is hardly a problem. @ Cap. What compound should I get. Soft on the Front and Mid on the rear. What is the Schwable name for these please?

Put a fresh set of Minions on my DHR the other day and got my 3rd best strava down Tokkies DH. I wasn't trying AT ALL. It just grips and grips and grips.

I'm gonna take my Reign to that other place I'm not allowed to talk about. I reckon 2.35 Muddy Mary's will be the call. Good mud clearance and Rolling resistance is hardly a problem. @ Cap. What compound should I get. Soft on the Front and Mid on the rear. What is the Schwable name for these please?

vertstar is the softest, next is trailstar, followed by the hardest being pacestar. If you going to ThatOtherPlaceWeWillNotMention, get the vertstar up front, trailstar at the back. But if you heavy braker, try the Pacestar instead. Vertstar shreds in a hurry.

forgot to add: I love minions, hate the fragile sidewalls.

Edited by Capricorn

Guest Omega Man

vertstar is the softest, next is trailstar, followed by the hardest being pacestar. If you going to ThatOtherPlaceWeWillNotMention, get the vertstar up front, trailstar at the back. But if you heavy braker, try the Pacestar instead. Vertstar shreds in a hurry.

forgot to add: I love minions, hate the fragile sidewalls.

Good man. Thanks.

I see wantitall.co.za has the 29"x2.35 HD's for the winning price of.....

wait for it.

R1981.00 / tyre

Are these dudes f#cked in their heads???

http://www.wantitall...ack__B007BWRGBQ

Normally 2663 .. you saving ...

They are smoking some seriously good stuff, they should sell that rather.

I've been running HD's in 26 and 29 guise on the front of my bikes - trailstar compound nogals, and found them to be the bomb. Run at 30psi.

I like the volume of the tyre as well ... turned ny 26'er into a 650b :whistling:

Yip, and if you act now you can get a bottle of stans for R1038, and 2 tubeless valves for R482...

I've been running HD's in 26 and 29 guise on the front of my bikes - trailstar compound nogals, and found them to be the bomb. Run at 30psi.

I like the volume of the tyre as well ... turned ny 26'er into a 650b :whistling:

Lol. Same. Those 2.35's on the sixer are like 2.2's on a 650.

Guest Omega Man

It's stupid. Just need to bring them in from crc or bike discount or probikeshop

Action have Maxxis Minion 2.5 super tacky dual ply for R295. (Spanish Accent) IMPOSSIBLE!

Guest Omega Man

Wire bead or foldable!?

KEH? The one you can tubeless. You guys are way to techy for me. I thought I had all possible info and then you go throw a spanner in my works.

KEH? The one you can tubeless. You guys are way to techy for me. I thought I had all possible info and then you go throw a spanner in my works.

You been in outer space or something?