first ride at jonkershoek and dont want to miss everything! gpx maybe?

leona

im over from england for 5 months and will be in stellenbosch tomorrow to get my bike fixed. i want to rider in jonkershoek but im aware going 'blind' i could miss out on things as i dont think there are specifically marked trails there? i have searched online and also this forum but havent found any routes i could download. obviously the best thing would be to ride with someone but i realise most people have to work :)

can anyone help with a route file?

thanks, i was hoping to stay for a couple of days but have to get back to hermanus. im thinking to come back though for the weekend as i wanna find somewhere to live in stellenbosch i think so need to have a proper look around. theres no races this weekend so far as i can see so i can ride a lot at the weekend.

Jonkers is worth every bit of the climbing!

The top trails on the left down to the rock berm are awesome and the flow down Neverending story is super fun.

Warm up on the quarry/firehut side then tackle the pine forrest/DH trails then loop back to neverending story! Great ride but wear sunscrean! It gets hot out there this time of year and I know you British types!

climbing isnt a problem at all so long as the rewards are worth it! are there any gpx downloads or anything coz i dont know how il know where any of those bits are?

im not pasty white you know! we did have summer this year for a change!

climbing isnt a problem at all so long as the rewards are worth it! are there any gpx downloads or anything coz i dont know how il know where any of those bits are?

im not pasty white you know! we did have summer this year for a change!

HAHA! Summer in England is hotter and longer than many people think, so it's easy not to be pasty white!

As for downloads... Strava is a good place to look. Unfortunately I cannot d/l any GXP content from there (not a premium user) but you can look there for other routes, or appeal to some of the regulars here to give you a tour...