2013 Scott Spark Lock Out

Greg29

I have a new Scott Spark 940 2013 want to know if the lock out is meant to 'lock' the fork when engaged? The rear shock locks completely but there seems like way too much give on the fork.

Is it meant to lock to almost a rigid fork?????

I have the same bike.

First click to stiffen both front and rear suspension for better traction when climbing, 2nd click to fully lock front and rear suspension with almost zero give.

Yes it is on 'full' lock out. Check with the guys you bought the bike from. there have been instances where the lockout was replaced under warranty.

There is another problem with the forks on these bikes, not sure if anyone else is experiencing the "squeak" on the front fork. apparently Fox is replacing components to fix a factory fault?

There is another problem with the forks on these bikes, not sure if anyone else is experiencing the "squeak" on the front fork. apparently Fox is replacing components to fix a factory fault?

Yep, got a squeak as well, I figured it was just cos it was new.

Check if the lockout lever pulls the actual lock out on the fork all the way - sometimes just needs tensioning. Love my Spark and love the twinlock, can't imagine riding with out it!

Edited by martinsnyman

Check if the lockout lever pulls the actual lock out on the fork all the way - sometimes just needs tensioning. Love my Spark and love the twinlock, can't imagine riding with out it!

That was it, the cable just needed tightening at the micro adjuster on the handlebar! Sorted! :clap:

That was it, the cable just needed tightening at the micro adjuster on the handlebar! Sorted! :clap:

Check you have all 3 settings working - too much tension and you lose the first setting - even though the lever is in the right position, the shock can be in the second setting already - it's a fine line.... too loose and the cable comes undone at the lever.

Check you have all 3 settings working - too much tension and you lose the first setting - even though the lever is in the right position, the shock can be in the second setting already - it's a fine line.... too loose and the cable comes undone at the lever.

Thanks, will do.

• 1 month later...

My front shock also don't lockout

Have you adjusted it at the handlebar, like I had to do to mine? Has it ever worked?

I had to re-adjust mine recently.

Have you adjusted it at the handlebar, like I had to do to mine? Has it ever worked?

I had to re-adjust mine recently.

I have checked the cable tension and the pressure and that's is ok their is no difference in travel locked or unlocked. The bike is only one year old.

I have checked the cable tension and the pressure and that's is ok their is no difference in travel locked or unlocked. The bike is only one year old.

Then it sounds like you've got an F29 CTD Evolution fork. Take it to your LBS with proof of purchase and you should be able to get it sorted out under warranty - the damper cartridge in that fork is bordering on legendary for giving trouble.