Riding in Malelane??

Karinvdw

Does anybody know of a nice route (mtb) in Malelane? Here for the week and would really like to do a ride or two but don't know where to ride or where it is safe? Any advice will be appreciated!!

No routes in Malelane............in my opinion, not a nice place to spend a week, except if you go into the Park every day.

No routes in Malelane............in my opinion, not a nice place to spend a week, except if you go into the Park every day.

I am here for work, did some riding in Sabie over the weekend, and now my bike is here with me, so very sad to have a bike and not being able to ride.

Was there several years ago,next to the main road,where there are shopping centres on both sides,there was a dirt road leading into the mountains, this goes past a huge dam,maybe try that road,used to walk there a lot.

I am here for work, did some riding in Sabie over the weekend, and now my bike is here with me, so very sad to have a bike and not being able to ride.

I know a route...but 1st tell me what bike you have.....cause some bikes will simply not be able to handle the route... :whistling:

I know a route...but 1st tell me what bike you have.....cause some bikes will simply not be able to handle the route... :whistling:

My bike can handle anything.......Scott

There are a nice route where you start from Malelane, Going over the Kaalrug Mountains

If you have a GPS, download it.

http://www.strava.co...vities/33420147

Or why dont you go and ride in Marloth Park. Its right next to the Kruger Park.

Thanks Lexx. I am working out in the Kaalrug mountains but will have a look at where you route goes. I think it is the same road that goes to Serenity Mountain Lodge. Will give it a try

Not crazy enough to do the downhill track.

hahaha! hayleyearth was referring to he DH course... and whilst she own 2 Scotts (I dunno why :ph34r: :lol: ), I doubt she'd take either of them down that track. :lol:

This was her weapon of choice (Intense)

482420_10152010870886276_1100166569_n.jpg

994375_10152003275801276_800308670_n.jpg

Yeah, like Patches said...I have 2x Scotts and neither will survive there!!

The one won't even make it to the start of the track and the other might be able to do 5 consecutive meters of the complete track before falling apart (and maybe braking me more :ph34r: in the process).