Team Fedgroup Itec

rock

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why give in if you know you innocent as he claims as everything was above board? Sorry not buying this at all.

Who has given in? He has simply said he will not compete while the process continues. To be honest, with the confusion over whether he can or cannot compete he would be a bit silly to try and compete at this point. If he competes and Saids tests him again the case gets very much more murky. I genuinely believe this is a case of innocent until proven guilty and the facts we have up to this point support that he is innocent and has jumped through all the hoops Saids asked him to.

The reason for TUEs is so an athlete with a genuine medical condition can still compete. Presuming all Brandon and the team are saying is true (and we have no reason not to believe it is true -- they have been very open and accommodating about this) then he stopped taking as soon as there was a query.

BTW, when we contacted Sads yesterday they opted for a no comment.

Who has given in? He has simply said he will not compete while the process continues. To be honest, with the confusion over whether he can or cannot compete he would be a bit silly to try and compete at this point. If he competes and Saids tests him again the case gets very much more murky. I genuinely believe this is a case of innocent until proven guilty and the facts we have up to this point support that he is innocent and has jumped through all the hoops Saids asked him to.

The reason for TUEs is so an athlete with a genuine medical condition can still compete. Presuming all Brandon and the team are saying is true (and we have no reason not to believe it is true -- they have been very open and accommodating about this) then he stopped taking as soon as there was a query.

Should they be allowed...considering the prescription isn't disprins.....

PS who is "we"?

This bit is where the confusion comes in for me:

Stewart consulted the Saids exemption liaison official, Anique Coetzee, and on her advice was prescribed a testosterone treatment, Nebido, by his doctor, and then applied online for an exemption to use the medication. According to his team, Stewart was told telephonically by Coetzee that, “while waiting for a response to the application, he could undergo the treatment and continue to race”. This was confirmed in writing.

Is that not like a provisional approval?

No, it sounds more like this coetzee woman doing the typical south african thing of cutting corners. What she should have said to him was undergo the treatment, but do not race till you have the TUE.

Depression and mood swings, which, in the first place also symptoms of.....

... symptoms of being depressed and moody.

Just a small matter when discussing this issue, the above is alleging there is more to this than a simple case of depression ... that could be defamatory. Even if you do not say something, but you infer it, you can be prosecuted for defamation (I do not want to start a fight over it, but just saying).

Depression and mood swings, which, in the first place also symptoms of.....

Well, that is the symptoms that he isnt getting any from his wife :eek: :ph34r:

Ah man, this must suck for Kevin Evans. Second team mate that Dopes.... :whistling:

He should retire now. Rather than get caught.

2 things in your post:

1) He has given in thats why he has "suspended himself

2) Genuine TUE you can still compete. If his is genuine then why is he not competing and having to refer to point 1 above?

Then, he was turned down twice for exemption after SAIDS doing an investigation into his TUE, if all was above board would he not be given the green light?

The way I read it, way to many holes here and I feel sorry for his team but at least they carrying on which is another positive to this story, just a good positive.

I thought you need to apply for TUE 30 days before racing. No TUE + positive = problems. Surely as a pro you know this?

I thought you need to apply for TUE 30 days before racing. No TUE + positive = problems. Surely as a pro you know this?

Good point oom...

Hey it just dawned on me.. Fedgroup Berg & Bush entries were supposed to open 1 Feb, then it was announced that it will open 1 April.. I didn't understand why push it back so much.. and now with all of this coming to light, it makes sense.

I'm going to make a appointment at my GP so that he can prescribe me Nebido. I also feel down and Depressed. :ph34r:

Archived