Team Fedgroup Itec

rock

Brandon Stewart happened....I will be surprised to see Trek stay on board for two seasons

harsh.....?

pro team change bikes all the time, juts announced today that Argos are off Felt and probably on Giant, Belkin off Giant and on Bianchi etc.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon Stewart happened....I will be surprised to see Trek stay on board for two seasons

They won quite a lot on the Scotts, so don't quite understand what you are trying to say

In my opinion Scott signed with Fedgroup because of Kevin's long standing relationship with them. Is Kevin still there next year?

supposedly some news regarding the the team for 2014 being announced today, anyone know anything besides them riding Trek bikes?

New signings? James Reid maybe?

James along with another XC rider are going to a very good set up next year who race on the road at current in Europe and will add the 2 to World cups.

In my opinion Scott signed with Fedgroup because of Kevin's long standing relationship with them. Is Kevin still there next year?

Not being sarcastic but does Kevin still race? Haven't seen him race since Tulbach.

I must say, I always thought of Kevin Evans of being a serious Scott fan/suporter, so that ons is a big suprise. Any chance that they want to exclusively sponsor Philip Buys en Mathys Beukes? Would have been interesting to see Kevin Evans with Philip Buys for Scott Racing, not that that is likely to happen with Jeroen Swart as Phillip's coach, and also with the support Evans got from Fedgroup this year with almost not racing at all, I recon he owes them big time. Would like to know who will partner him for the Epic next year, or has his aspirations of winning sailed away?

Not being sarcastic but does Kevin still race? Haven't seen him race since Tulbach.

He had a bad year health wise, never really recovered from the appendix that plagued him till well after the Epic

James along with another XC rider are going to a very good set up next year who race on the road at current in Europe and will add the 2 to World cups.

ahh, this sounds interesting.......

Jeroen coached Burry and there wasn't any love between those two teams, Spez and Nedbank, and I think the doping with David George made it worse.

Just speculating here, so don't quote me on that, but from a bike fit I gathered that Jeroen is not a Evans fan. Not sure how he would/could/should influence a decision like that.

Do however think that those two will be a decent all SA Team, as Phillip is arguably better in a format like the Epic than Brandon Stewart.

Evan will probably have to prove he is still up for the challenge though.

Why?

He has not got a good name among his ex-sponsors or team mates he has rode with but hey that is only what a lot of them say so I don't know.

You are very wrong on that, I know Jeroen was very supportive and gave advice and help where he could with Kevin with regards to his operations he had.

He would never influence any decision like that at all and it's sad that you think that way of him.

David made his own bed with the way he handled issues about losing and being so desperate to win with regards to his protests - being karma - caught up to him much to the detriment of Kevin and James.

Jeroen coached Burry and there wasn't any love between those two teams, Spez and Nedbank, and I think the doping with David George made it worse.

Just speculating here, so don't quote me on that, but from a bike fit I gathered that Jeroen is not a Evans fan. Not sure how he would/could/should influence a decision like that.

Do however think that those two will be a decent all SA Team, as Phillip is arguably better in a format like the Epic than Brandon Stewart.

Evan will probably have to prove he is still up for the challenge though.

Phillip is going to win the Epic next year with a new partner :whistling:

Archived