LBS: We have a 5 % handling fee on returns.

lone.*

Wild assumption as he totally neglects to tell us whether he paid by c/card and took the refund in cash.

IMHO HE WONT BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND THE OP FEELS LIKE A MULTI TOOL NOW, BECAUSE HE HAS FOUND OUT THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY FEES INVOLVED IN WALKING OUT OF A SHOP WRONG PRODUCT IN HAND

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO HE WONT BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND THE OP FEELS LIKE A MULTI TOOL NOW, BECAUSE HE HAS FOUND OUT THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY FEES INVOLVED IN WALKING OUT OF A SHOP WRONG PRODUCT IN HAND

Yep, pretty much the thread in a nutshell.

Goes against all the rant rules, even amazed how someone like Slowbee can let a thread like this run for as long as it did.

BB30 Bearing set. It is press fit. Handed sales person a sample. Package opened by sales person and he ensured me it is the correct bearings. You get pressfit bearings for Sram cranks and for Shimano cranks. Also told the sales person it was for an xt crankset.

Credit card sale and the transaction was reversed on the card.

My point is that a 5 % handling fee under the circumstances is unnecessary. Shop owner did not even go to the trouble of finding out what the problem was. Shop owner also knows nothing about customer care. It just seems like an scaly business practice.

Various original component manufacturer make a lot of parts which is interchangeable with other brands. The sample was manufactured by Truvativ. So Sram Shimano Campagnolo who cares. The shop staff are the experts.

7 pages and counting...Just to remind the issue...Regardless of whos in the wrong or the outcome..

The problem was the LBS tried to get a 5% restocking fee...instead of just smiling and saying

"Sure..No Probs Mate,Anything else I can help you with?"

LOL..and my reply would've been..."Not today thanks,but you owe me R20 for petrol next time ey?"

8 pages ...

It is all about the practice of charging a handling fee. He did not charge me but how many others were charged under the same circumstances. If I just agreed he would have charged me without getting into the detail of what happened.

It is also about the general attitude of the shop owner.

But whatever he will not see me again irrespective whether he charged me or not.

It is also a case of your expert staff not knowing their products.

I am not upset about it. I am amazed at how he treats his customers. You want to build a customer base not chase them away.

Edited by lone.*