So starts my new 27.5 build

Izak

A little more feedback on Ican:

They sent me all the schematics as well as the EU test reports etc. so were very forthcoming with all the info I wanted before parting with the cash.

The parcel was sent with EMS and arrived at my office yesterday afternoon 11 days from sending.

So all and all very good service. The frame quality looks very good and the finishing on this is stunning.

I won't comment any further until I have ridden her but it looks like this will be a great bike once finished. This frame is very new to their line-up and therefore the rpices were very good as well. I had to wait for a few weeks because I wanted 3k finish and at that stage they only had UD in stock.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am so tempted to do this but I think the wife would have something to say seeing I have two 29ers hardtail and dual. Problem is I have a lot of the parts already back shock, handle bar, saddle, seatpost and pedals.

Man I am so tempted to do this but I think the wife would have something to say seeing I have two 29ers hardtail and dual. Problem is I have a lot of the parts already back shock, handle bar, saddle, seatpost and pedals.

I'm sure you will think of a valid reason ;)

Unfortunately no axle included and neither was the insert that goes into the hanger where the axle screws into.

So now I cant do ****!!

If anyone can help with a X142/12 axle and such an insert please contact me.

To rub further salt in the already raw wounds I bought wheels from Buycycle which were in stock at that time otherwise I would not / should not have been able to buy them.

Still waiting there as well.

So seems like I should have taken the 30k odd and bought a bike.

Unfortunately no axle included and neither was the insert that goes into the hanger where the axle screws into.

So now I cant do ****!!

To rub further salt in the already raw wounds I bought wheels from Buycycle which were in stock at that time otherwise I would not / should not have been able to buy them.

dont give up, these things happen.....

much much better to build than buy!

if i were you, speak to BSR or Booth Bikes or even CCD they do these frames as well, i'm sure they can source exactly what you looking for!

Thanks man, but at the moment I feel like I want to sell all the parts and f... the frame up and send it back in a smallish box to the supplier.

Thanks man, but at the moment I feel like I want to sell all the parts and f... the frame up and send it back in a smallish box to the supplier.

all the guys i've mention above are hubbers, ping/pm them!

as for your wheels, well i don't know what the solution is there.......

also take pictures, or close ups, i went back to the photo!

are the wheels not supplied with axle? as for hanger , not sure what you referring to.

all the guys i've mention above are hubbers, ping/pm them!

as for your wheels, well i don't know what the solution is there.......

Thanks!!

Yeah I've already sent Rafeeq a mail at BSR.

The wheels I will have to wait for they are paid ....

can't you refund wheels and get elsewhere?

you looking for this http://www.rushsport...rsion-Axle.aspx , right?

Ok, Rafeeq very helpful!

Nope looking for the actual axle 142/12 and then the insert that goes into the right hand side hanger into which the axle screws. The Scott 12mm axle fits but then still left with the issue of the insert.

Also Scott has no stock of this till next year!!

I am feeling the itch man!!!! I NEED to go ride!!

Edited by Izak

sadly had the same experience with buycycle last year.

got the run around until they finally said the sales guy sold me something they did not stock yet, was 650b ZTR Crest's with Hope hubs. he even included a bag... nothing ever to get delivered, in the end I cancelled the order and had them refund me.

G

So now I cant do ****!!

sadly had the same experience with buycycle last year.

got the run around until they finally said the sales guy sold me something they did not stock yet, was 650b ZTR Crest's with Hope hubs. he even included a bag... nothing ever to get delivered, in the end I cancelled the order and had them refund me.

G

This is for exactly the same wheelset. I will be very seriously pissed off if they are wasting my time!!!

I flipped my lid after think it was 6-8 weeks, with weekly promises that they will have it in the next day or 2.

In the end I bought via CWC, was sorted out quickly, had a bit of a delay because the Hope hubs was having a bit of a stock problem, but otherwise I've had fantastic service from CWC, and this was them building me a 650b wheel set before 650b really took off.

time frame was Sep/Oct 2012

My recommendation, pull the plug, get them from Wayne at CWC.

G

This is for exactly the same wheelset. I will be very seriously pissed off if they are wasting my time!!!

Edited by awesme