Guest Omega Man

You are not allowed to ask for discount at a bike shop :ph34r:

haha.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja. I saw the compatibility and it doesn't seem to work with a Zee. Guess I'm going to have to cowboy up and get stronger.

Ja I'm sure people are gonna start putting out wider ratio cassettes soon. I'm keen for 11-38 if anyone is listening. The only reason SRAM aren't doing it is cos they are sticking with their frankly retardedly priced X11 and X01.

The Zee (DH option) has a 28t capacity and the Zee (FR) option has a 36t capacity, so if you're running a 1 x 10 setup you'll be able to run a cassette with a max size of 39t or 47t respectively, if I'm not mistaken (EDIT to add: assuming that the smallest cog on your cassette is 11t).

Edited by Super_mil

The Zee (DH option) has a 28t capacity and the Zee (FR) option has a 36t capacity, so if you're running a 1 x 10 setup you'll be able to run a cassette with a max size of 39t or 47t respectively, if I'm not mistaken.

Correctomondo...

Guest Omega Man

The Zee (DH option) has a 28t capacity and the Zee (FR) option has a 36t capacity, so if you're running a 1 x 10 setup you'll be able to run a cassette with a max size of 39t or 47t respectively, if I'm not mistaken (EDIT to add: assuming that the smallest cog on your cassette is 11t).

Awesome thanks.

Pulled the trigger on some bits & pieces for my build

Raceface Crank & bb

Zee Derailleur

Zee Shifter

New Cassette

post-18968-0-29299200-1385785301_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-01227100-1385785397_thumb.jpg

The problem I have now is that i need a .7mm shimfor my 30.9 seatpost to fit into the 31.6 seat tube on the new bike.

What made you go for the RF cranks over ze Zee? how much did the cranks set you back? I am looking to get Zee cranks at the moment :whistling:

Edited by Nofearnofun

Guest Omega Man

What made you go for the RF cranks over ze Zee? how much did the cranks set you back? I am looking to get Zee cranks at the moment :whistling:

You need to save for France!

The only way i could get a narrow wide chainring was to buy a full crankset. They're as rare as an honest politician right now. It was about R2500 for the full crankset including bb so not much more than you'd pay for the Zee crankset and a narrow wide chainring. Plus I know it will work cos it comes assembled so there's no hassling with spacers and shite.

The only way i could get a narrow wide chainring was to buy a full crankset. They're as rare as an honest politician right now. It was about R2500 for the full crankset including bb so not much more than you'd pay for the Zee crankset and a narrow wide chainring. Plus I know it will work cos it comes assembled so there's no hassling with spacers and shite.

I have managed to sell off a groupset which puts me in a position where buying Zee RD, crankset, shifter, SLX cassette and chain is only going to cost me R800,00 :clap:

Can one not simply run a Zee crank with the standard chainring and a Zee shadow+ RD? :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

Can one not simply run a Zee crank with the standard chainring and a Zee shadow+ RD? :whistling:

Ja for sure but then you'd probly want to run a chain guide.

Cool, I havnt done any reading on narrow wide...yet.

I have a Raceface Deus crank in the scrap box which has been cross threaded. When I eventually get the tap that is being made for me I will know if its usable again. otherwise I will have to wait and Zee...

I bought a XT crankset for R2k, just sold the chainrings for R500, and acquired a 34t raceface narrow wide chainring. Worked out a bit cheaper in total. I don't think I need any spacers, but it's probably ideal to put some in to line things up optimally.

Guest Omega Man

his point being that nobody has stock of the RF n/w chainrings in a 30. So his hand was forced.

Correct. CRC had the SRAM version on Friday night but by the time I pulled the trigger on Saturday morning they were gone. There were no 32's in RF. Not even in chunder green so no choice was had.

@Beanz. The spacers would have been so that I can run a 30 chainring on a 104 bcd crank. 32 is pretty much the minimum without getting creative with crank bolts. But with the RF that's all done for me. Plus when I build up a new frame I like to drop in a fresh bb so it was ultimately a logical choice to go with the RF crankset.

The sweet thing is whoever buys my Reign. Hint Hint!!!! will get a 2x crankset with 26 38 gearing and a MRP 2 up chainguide all set up and spaced out correctly. Or they can convert to 1x10 pretty easily and keep the chain guide just get a topguide or if they go narrow wide they can lose the chainguide and sell it for 600 ronts.

Edited by Omega Man

Correct. CRC had the SRAM version on Friday night but by the time I pulled the trigger on Saturday morning they were gone.

@Beanz. The spacers would have been so that I can run a 30 chainring on a 104 bcd crank. But with the RF that's all done for me. Plus when I build up a new frame I like to frop in a fresh bb so it was ultimately a logical choice to go with the RF crankset.

The sweet thing is whoever buys my Reign. Hint Hint!!!! will get a 2x crankset with 26 38 gearing and a MRP 2 up chainguide all set up and spaced out correctly. Or they can convert to 1x10 pretty easily and keep the chain guide just get a topguide or if they go narrow wide they can lose the chainguide and sell it for 600 ronts.

Told you you already have a buyer... He's MEGA keen.

Guest Omega Man

Told you you already have a buyer... He's MEGA keen.

Ja. For sure. Hope he takes it. Cool guy good frame for him.

@Beanz. The spacers would have been so that I can run a 30 chainring on a 104 bcd crank. 32 is pretty much the minimum without getting creative with crank bolts. But with the RF that's all done for me. Plus when I build up a new frame I like to drop in a fresh bb so it was ultimately a logical choice to go with the RF crankset.

I see. What bcd crank did you get, and what rings can you fit on it?

Seems like 104bcd is pretty much the standard.

Guest Omega Man

I see. What bcd crank did you get, and what rings can you fit on it?

Seems like 104bcd is pretty much the standard.

I got a 104. the smallest ring you can fit without monkeying with spacers is 32. and with spacers 30. I think the SRAM X01 and X11 are 90 something so you can go down to 28.

Jaco Veldskoen (local good bike mech) reckons your biggest impact will be on the cluster to so doing bigger out back has more of an impact than going smaller out front.

Edited by Omega Man