Vitality - Double Century

Six13

Very surprised to find out that Double Century does not qualify for any Vitality points!

Absolute joke, they say it's a team event and therefore does not qualify.

Think it's a big scam, any excuse not to allocate points!

:thumbdown:

I lodged my dispute / complaint. Within 24hrs I received the phonecall and was told that my ride would be updated manually.

I will follow up on Monday

:thumbdown:

I lodged my dispute / complaint. Within 24hrs I received the phonecall and was told that my ride would be updated manually.

I will follow up on Monday

I did that on Monday and received a call last night to tell me that it is a team event and no points will get allocated. be interested to see if you get a different agent and get the points.

From their website the terms and conditions are quite clear:

To earn Vitality points the event must meet the following criteria:

 An officially organised and timed event of a specified distance on a specified date that requires registration and the issue of race numbers.

 A sport intended to increase heart rate so as to produce cardio respiratory health benefits to the person.

 The event must be community-based and not a championship.

Events that are excluded:

 Provincial or national championships (points for events are aimed at more community-based events)

 All motorised sports or events

 Extreme sports

Team events or relays

 Time-trials and club runs, cycles or swims

So which part of the 200km did your team cycle for you?

Sounds like they do not understand that all team members have to cycle the full 200km. The benefit of cycling in a group is hardly different to sitting in the bunch 94.7

From their website the terms and conditions are quite clear:

To earn Vitality points the event must meet the following criteria:

 An officially organised and timed event of a specified distance on a specified date that requires registration and the issue of race numbers.

 A sport intended to increase heart rate so as to produce cardio respiratory health benefits to the person.

 The event must be community-based and not a championship.

Events that are excluded:

 Provincial or national championships (points for events are aimed at more community-based events)

 All motorised sports or events

 Extreme sports

Team events or relays

 Time-trials and club runs, cycles or swims

So which part of the 200km did your team cycle for you?

Sounds like they do not understand that all team members have to cycle the full 200km. The benefit of cycling in a group is hardly different to sitting in the bunch 94.7

And looking at those other exclusions, what's up with that? Are weekly races counted as "community-based" and what exactly does that mean? Very strange and I'm not even a Discovery member.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I am over vitality - too much admin and pointless testing to tell me what I already know. Time wasted during which I could be out having a life.