Fox 2013 CTD Recall suggestions needed

Cloudbase999

I bought a used 2013 FOX EVO fork. I discovered that the fork is subject to the Fox Evolution Series Voluntary Recall program : http://www.ridefox.com/content.php?c=recall

I entered the serial number from the fork on the website to confirm that the fork is subject to the recall and printed the recall submission confirmation sent to me from Fox.

The Fox website doesn't mention anything about providing a proof of purchase in order to get the damper upgraded, but I'm anxious to avoid bureaucracy at a LBS that have not dealt with the process before, so I'd appreciate any suggestions of a LBS in the Pretoria / Midrand / Johannesburg area that may be able to assist in getting the fork back on my bike.

I don't think they'll be too sticky about PoP on this recall, since Fox have called it a safety issue. I've processed quite a few of these even before the recall notice was issued and had no issues. Just get whoever you send it to to give Omnico a shout before sending it in.

I contacted Omnico (www.omnico.co.za) the local distributor. I dropped the fork of at their workshop in Jhb. They handle the paperwork and rebate from Fox Intl through my LBS. All being equal I'm picking up the fork tomorrow with the upgraded damper. Simple and painless enough.

Ek het nou my serial nr gekyk, maar moeilik om die laaste 4 nommers te lees. 397925-0?00 hoop ek. Hoe kan ek anders maak om seker t maak?

I contacted Omnico (www.omnico.co.za) the local distributor. I dropped the fork of at their workshop in Jhb. They handle the paperwork and rebate from Fox Intl through my LBS. All being equal I'm picking up the fork tomorrow with the upgraded damper. Simple and painless enough.

Sounds about right, they're pretty quick on warranty stuff. Good to hear you got sorted.

The Float FiT shocks are not part of the recall. As advised by Omnico this morning. Good news for me.

Nothing wrong with FIT cartridges. They're a pig to rebuild, but I've never seen one fail.

Edited by droo