Best Head torch available in SA

arabsandals

• 5 months later...

Legit in the sense that you get the cheapest light/battery possible.

Check the site.

No name, No number, no address.

Only 90 day warranty. He really doesn't want to take responsibly for the items he sells. And that is understandable. Selling the cheapest possible china light with unapproved chargers or lower grade batteries is bound to have consequences.

I have gone down that rout a few years ago. The majority of cost is not in the light itself it is in the battery. The cost differences are huge between good quality safe cells and low grade cells. Li-ion is very unstable and there is a lot of energy in a small packet.

Check this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtAR1Jmquk

2 years ago a battery pack when off in someone car. It was a wakeup call for me hence why we opted for better safer batteries.

Extremelights still get returns but we give a year warranty and the batteries are now a lot safer.

here is a little Cycle Light batteries comparison.

http://extremelights.gocommerce.co.za/wp-content/uploads/sites/66/2013/11/Slide-Battriers.jpg

Going to cheap will have a very high cost at the end. Not just dieing on a downhill but it could set your house alight at night. And buying form one that really does not want you to contact them is a bit risky.

Hannes,

I would strongly disagree with your statements about K.man. Is this you way to deal with competition? Badmouthing them on TheHub?

I have also changed my warranties to 1 year on lights and my SAMSUNG cell batteries and have been doing this for quite some time. The amount of returns I got on my "cheap" batteries are almost negligible, and have not had a single return on my premium battery packs.

I manage my web site,customer queries and shipping all by my self, and also have a full time job while studying Msc. Eng, hence why no other contact details than email (and ask any of my customers, I still reply to 90% queries within a couple of minutes, and orders ALWAYS goes out within 2 days after order is placed). This way I can keep my costs of my products to a minimum, as I do not need extra revenue from products for assistants, property rental etc. Oh, yes, and all my batteries has built in protection against overcharging.

Pfft... and not trusting the look of my website? Why don't you just leave it up to the customer to decide? As mentioned , I manage it myself and have not spent money on it like you spent on the Superstore theme. I am constantly improving as I get some capital from my lights, and use it to increase the functionality of my website.

So how about you refer from commenting on my products and site?

Kind regards

Andre

Hannes,

I would strongly disagree with your statements about K.man. Is this you way to deal with competition? Badmouthing them on TheHub?

I have also changed my warranties to 1 year on lights and my SAMSUNG cell batteries and have been doing this for quite some time. The amount of returns I got on my "cheap" batteries are almost negligible, and have not had a single return on my premium battery packs.

I manage my web site,customer queries and shipping all by my self, and also have a full time job while studying Msc. Eng, hence why no other contact details than email (and ask any of my customers, I still reply to 90% queries within a couple of minutes, and orders ALWAYS goes out within 2 days after order is placed). This way I can keep my costs of my products to a minimum, as I do not need extra revenue from products for assistants, property rental etc. Oh, yes, and all my batteries has built in protection against overcharging.

Pfft... and not trusting the look of my website? Why don't you just leave it up to the customer to decide? As mentioned , I manage it myself and have not spent money on it like you spent on the Superstore theme. I am constantly improving as I get some capital from my lights, and use it to increase the functionality of my website.

Kind regards

Andre

Andre - without commenting on either your or Hannes's business's - you may want to see exactly what SA law says about your contact details on your site, and comply to that. A supplier offering goods or services for sale, for hire or for exchange by way of an electronic transaction must make the following information available to consumers on the web site where such goods or services are offered –

a)Its full name and legal status;

b)its physical address and telephone number;

c)its web site address and e-mail address;

d)membership of any self-regulatory or accreditation bodies to which that supplier belongs or subscribes and the contact details of that body;

e)any code of conduct to which that supplier subscribes and how that code of conduct may be accessed electronically by the

consumer;

f)in the case of a legal

person, its registration number, the names of its office bearers and its place of registration;

g)the physical address where that supplier will receive legal service of documents;

h)a sufficient description of the main characteristics of the goods or services offered by that supplier to enable a consumer to make an informed decision on the proposed electronic transaction;

i)the full price of the goods or services, including transport costs, taxes and any other fees or costs;

j)the manner of payment;

k)any terms of agreement, including any guarantees, that will apply to the transaction and how those terms may be accessed, stored and reproduced electronically by consumers;

l)the time within which the goods will be dispatched or delivered or within which the services will be rendered;

m)the manner and period within which consumers can access and maintain a full record of the transaction;

n)the return, exchange and refund policy of that supplier;

o)any alternative dispute resolution code to which that supplier subscribes and how the wording of that code may be accessed electronically by the consumer;

p)the security procedures and privacy policy of that supplier in respect of payment, payment information and

personal information;

q)where appropriate, the minimum duration of the agreement in the case of agreements for the supply of products or services to be performed on an ongoing basis or recurrently; and

r)the rights of consumers in terms of section 44, where applicable.

2)The supplier must provide a consumer with an opportunity -

a)to review the entire electronic transaction;

b)to correct any mistakes; and

c)to withdraw from the transaction, before finally placing any order.

3)If a supplier fails to comply with the provisions of subsection (1) or (2), the consumer may cancel the transaction within 14 days of receiving the goods or services under the transaction.

4)If a transaction is cancelled in terms of subsection (3) –

a)the consumer must return the performance of the supplier or, where applicable, cease using the services performed; and

b)the supplier must refund all payments made by the consumer minus the direct cost of returning the goods.

5)The supplier must utilise a payment system that is sufficiently secure with reference to accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of transaction concerned.

6)The supplier is liable for any damage suffered by a consumer due to a failure by the supplier to comply with subsection (5).

Hannes,

Kind regards

Andre

I personally have bought 3 lights for myself and mates, including spare battery packs and those battery packs have lasted up to 3 hours on its brightest function, no sign of excessive heat on the batteries... they're cheap and they work! Well done Andre, at least u dont go bad mouthing the competition. ...

Andre - without commenting on either your or Hannes's business's - you may want to see exactly what SA law says about your contact details on your site, and comply to that. A supplier offering goods or services for sale, for hire or for exchange by way of an electronic transaction must make the following information available to consumers on the web site where such goods or services are offered –

d)membership of any self-regulatory or accreditation bodies to which that supplier belongs or subscribes and the contact details of that body;

e)any code of conduct to which that supplier subscribes and how that code of conduct may be accessed electronically by the

consumer;

f)in the case of a legal

person, its registration number, the names of its office bearers and its place of registration;

g)the physical address where that supplier will receive legal service of documents;

h)a sufficient description of the main characteristics of the goods or services offered by that supplier to enable a consumer to make an informed decision on the proposed electronic transaction;

i)the full price of the goods or services, including transport costs, taxes and any other fees or costs;

j)the manner of payment;

k)any terms of agreement, including any guarantees, that will apply to the transaction and how those terms may be accessed, stored and reproduced electronically by consumers;

l)the time within which the goods will be dispatched or delivered or within which the services will be rendered;

m)the manner and period within which consumers can access and maintain a full record of the transaction;

o)any alternative dispute resolution code to which that supplier subscribes and how the wording of that code may be accessed electronically by the consumer;

p)the security procedures and privacy policy of that supplier in respect of payment, payment information and

personal information;

q)where appropriate, the minimum duration of the agreement in the case of agreements for the supply of products or services to be performed on an ongoing basis or recurrently; and

3)If a supplier fails to comply with the provisions of subsection (1) or (2), the consumer may cancel the transaction within 14 days of receiving the goods or services under the transaction.

a)the consumer must return the performance of the supplier or, where applicable, cease using the services performed; and

b)the supplier must refund all payments made by the consumer minus the direct cost of returning the goods.

5)The supplier must utilise a payment system that is sufficiently secure with reference to accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of transaction concerned.

6)The supplier is liable for any damage suffered by a consumer due to a failure by the supplier to comply with subsection (5).

Thanks for the info V12Man. I will look into these clauses , especially

as I do believe i adhere to the rest.

Kind regards

Andre

Hannes,

I have also changed my warranties to 1 year on lights and my SAMSUNG cell batteries .............

As I can see it:

He commented in dec 2013

You changed batteries source in may 2014 - http://www.kman.co.za/new-batteries/

Sounds like you took his advice to heart, or maybe it was coincidental, but why go back in history and dredge up his comments now?

e)any code of conduct to which that supplier subscribes and how that code of conduct may be accessed electronically by the consumer;

f)in the case of a legal person, its registration number, the names of its office bearers and its place of registration;

j)the manner of payment;

p)the security procedures and privacy policy of that supplier in respect of payment, payment information and personal information;

Welp.....there goes 75% of SA online sites.

As I can see it:

He commented in dec 2013

You changed batteries source in may 2014 - http://www.kman.co.za/new-batteries/

Sounds like you took his advice to heart, or maybe it was coincidental, but why go back in history and dredge up his comments now?

Hi Shebeen,

I only stumbled on this quote now. Even when putting the issue of batteries on the side, he should rather promote his products in a different manner as to undermine K.man's products and K.man's different elements aswell, such as website , that "i would not like to be contacted" and that I am a "fly by nighter"...

Kind regards

Andre

Edited by andre_89

Hi Shebeen,

I only stumbled on this quote now. Even when putting the issue of batteries on the side, he should rather promote his products in a different manner as to undermine K.man's products and K.man's different elements aswell, such as website , that "i would not like to be contacted" and that I am a "fly by nighter"...

Kind regards

Andre

ok, as a consumer I'm happy to be warned about 'fly by night' operators if it's genuine info. I can make my own decisions from there as an informed customer.

2 questions, both yes/no answers required.

a)is anything he said in the post factually wrong, at the time?

b)does k.man pay company tax?

ok, as a consumer I'm happy to be warned about 'fly by night' operators if it's genuine info. I can make my own decisions from there as an informed customer.

2 questions, both yes/no answers required.

a)is anything he said in the post factually wrong, at the time?

b)does k.man pay company tax?

This went cold, am guessing by the week's silence that SARS sees no candy from k.man and his light sales.

I get that you're a student, this is a hobby business, applaud the entrepeneurial spirit etc etc.

But if you wanna play in the big leagues and take on the established players then you should play by the rules. That's technically what makes you a fly-by-night operation.

ps. no links with extreme lights.

This went cold, am guessing by the week's silence that SARS sees no candy from k.man and his light sales.

I get that you're a student, this is a hobby business, applaud the entrepeneurial spirit etc etc.

But if you wanna play in the big leagues and take on the established players then you should play by the rules. That's technically what makes you a fly-by-night operation.

ps. no links with extreme lights.

Hi Shebeen,

sorry for the late reply, must have misread the previous notification email.

a) Allegations made towards my website, that I am a fly by nighter and that I would not like to talk to customers was false. The issue on the batteries is not false nor true. I was looking at battery cells at the time and liaising with my supplier.

b) Yes, k.man is a registered company at CIPC (CIPRO) and does pay tax.

Kind regards

Andre