look quartz pedals

michael

can anyone explain to me how to strip the Look Quartz mtb pedals ( not the carbon ones)? they are squeeking like **** . Can i do it without the tool or should i buy one and where? ( Cape Town)

or just buy new pedals......

can anyone explain to me how to strip the Look Quartz mtb pedals ( not the carbon ones)? they are squeeking like **** . Can i do it without the tool or should i buy one and where? ( Cape Town)

or just buy new pedals......

I dont think you can strip them. And they have been discontinued so you will not be able to find spares in any case.

You can strip them, (I think a 17 spanner or a vice grip ), just be careful those plastic nuts strip very easily

Not really serviceable though, all you can do is clean and re-grease.

I wanted to rebuild mine a while back and the agent informed me that the rebuild kit is R 100 cheaper than complete pedals, and with postage etc. it’s was cheaper to replace the pedals.

The quartz range is discontinued, but you can still get stock at some of the bike shops

You can service them, just be careful not to damage/strip the plastic nuts. You can clean and pack the centre spindle with grease/lube and reasemble. Use some LockTite to secure plastic nuts (only weakness of pedal). Have serviced mine numerous times and still good.

ok thanks all. i just want to regrease them at least for now. Any recommendations then for a similar pedal?