Rear wheel not centering in frame..

Askies

Get it fixed before you ride, if it is built wrong as you have, then you do not know what else may be wrong with the wheel build.

If the wheel fails whilst you are riding then the lbs might blame it on something else, rock, tree root etc and could charge you to fix the problem.

As it is, it is their problem to fix an should be at no additional cost.

If nothing else you will have peace of mind when racing if it is done properly and not be worrying that something may happen to the wheel when you are racing

This calls for a new bike..in my opinion.

When presented with an oportunity, capitalize, with immediate effect.

Dialogue as follows:

You:"Honey, I think I'll have to buy a new bike"

Honey:"Why my love?"

You:"My wheel is skew, and that's dangerous"(followed by youtube Mountainbike crashes,..becoz of skew wheels)

Honey:"Rather get a new bike my love, I would'nt want to see you get hurt like that."

Done.

When i got my wheels straighetened,, i took them to my lbs and left the frame at home... You think thats why ? They werent dished to my frame ?

For some frames its OK, but certain frames with very little clearance at the back require special attention when dishing the wheel. Better to take them in with the frame, and it should be a fairly quick fix.

I wouldn't do a race like that btw, even a short one. The photo was a bit dark, but the clearance between tyre and frame looks mighty tight. Anything goes wrong during the race and the tyre's rubbing the frame, which could damage the frame.

For some frames its OK, but certain frames with very little clearance at the back require special attention when dishing the wheel. Better to take them in with the frame, and it should be a fairly quick fix.

I wouldn't do a race like that btw, even a short one. The photo was a bit dark, but the clearance between tyre and frame looks mighty tight. Anything goes wrong during the race and the tyre's rubbing the frame, which could damage the frame.

I wouldn't adjust a wheel to fit a frame. Rather straighten the frame and center the wheel correctly.

I wouldn't adjust a wheel to fit a frame. Rather straighten the frame and center the wheel correctly.

Nothing wrong with the frame.

Some frames require the wheel to be dished differently. Especially if you want to run wider tyres. I had the same prob with my Scott RC carbon frame. Frame definitely not bent, just the wheen was dished to suit a different frame.

Either way, much easier, and probably safer to redish the wheel than try to bend the frame.

Nothing wrong with the frame.

Some frames require the wheel to be dished differently. Especially if you want to run wider tyres. I had the same prob with my Scott RC carbon frame. Frame definitely not bent, just the wheen was dished to suit a different frame.

Either way, much easier, and probably safer to redish the wheel than try to bend the frame.

To me redishing or "un-dishing" a wheel to suit a frame is treating the symptom and not the problem. You want to dish a wheel so that the rim is centered on the hub measured from locknuts. If the frame is straight and the wheels dished properly the back wheel will track where the front wheel has passed. The old test was to wet the tires and push the bike over a concrete slab. Only one track should be visible. If you redished the wheel what happens if you want to use that wheel on another bike? Also any new wheel you buy would have to be redished. I certianly wouldn't recomend it.

Frame and dropout straightening is common practice in workshops. There are tools made for it.

Thanks for the help guys :))))

What frame is this on Mountain Bru? Found a thread on www.mtbr.com where they talk about this prob in Scott Scales. I have a Scale and had the problem as well. Two of the guys on that forum said they redished the wheels and it's all good.