Android video editor?

Squier

18 minutes ago, rudi-h said:

Thanks

Is there a way to get the 4k stuff downsized to 2.7, or do I need to download to PC?

If you want 2.7k, best to record in 2.7k rather than import 4k and then render down to 2.7k. On a GoPro, this will give you higher frame rates (and therefore smoother slo-mo) and wider angles so there is a plus. One tip, record more short clips instead of long ones that you will need to download then trim during edit. You can view the short clips on the camera then delete the ones you don't want and only import the ones you do want to minimise editing.

TBH using a mobile to do any decent editing is real PITA...for short Instagram type uploads, great but anything more than that rather re-consider taking a laptop...I always have one on my travels and even after the most hectic of riding days, I could always smash out a basic edit on a PC before bedtime! I load all my raw footage onto an SSD drive and edit from that so the PC doesn't get jammed with bits....even cache files go to the SSD and they read and write so fast these days, you don't even notice any difference in rendering speed..at the end of the trip, you have all you mini edits already done and you can run a trip edit by combining them all......

19 minutes ago, capediver said:

If you want 2.7k, best to record in 2.7k rather than import 4k and then render down to 2.7k. On a GoPro, this will give you higher frame rates (and therefore smoother slo-mo) and wider angles so there is a plus. One tip, record more short clips instead of long ones that you will need to download then trim during edit. You can view the short clips on the camera then delete the ones you don't want and only import the ones you do want to minimise editing.

TBH using a mobile to do any decent editing is real PITA...for short Instagram type uploads, great but anything more than that rather re-consider taking a laptop...I always have one on my travels and even after the most hectic of riding days, I could always smash out a basic edit on a PC before bedtime! I load all my raw footage onto an SSD drive and edit from that so the PC doesn't get jammed with bits....even cache files go to the SSD and they read and write so fast these days, you don't even notice any difference in rendering speed..at the end of the trip, you have all you mini edits already done and you can run a trip edit by combining them all......

Which software do you use ?

I am using Pinnacle, but my i7 buffers badly ..... not fun editing ....

41 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Which software do you use ?

I am using Pinnacle, but my i7 buffers badly ..... not fun editing ....

Premier Pro

If you are just splitting clips together and not much else then use the GoPro Quick app. Depending on your gopro model you can also use the GPS data to overlay stats like speed, elevation, GPS route etc. 

Its pretty easy to use and has some nice features. 

If your videos are only going to be viewed on mobile, which 90% of youtube content is, then shoot at 1080 or 2.7k. These resolutions will be much easier to process when editing, take up less space on your memory card as well as making your cameras battery last longer. Dont bother with 4k, like at all. Unless you are viewing your content on a 65"4K TV all the time.

48, 50 and 60fps give a nice natural look. 48 is slightly more cinematic, 60 is very crisp and smooth. 

For editing on PC in premier Pro, these are my suggestions.

If you want more cinematic looking footage with nice motion blur then id suggest getting a set of ND Filters. 8/16/32
8 for cloudy overcast days and 32 for bright sunshine like mid morning to mid day and later. 

This will reduce the light coming into the cameras sensor by a few stops and give you a nice smooth motion blur. 

Be sure to shoot in Pro Res with these settings. 

Camera: GoPro Hero 7 Black with Wind Cover
Settings: 
Pro Tune ON
2.7k 60fps
Shutter Speed: 1/120 (Frame rate must be double your shutter speed when using an ND filter)
ND 8/16 lens filter
ISO Min: 100 
ISO Max: 100 (Only use this for sunny days)
Sharpening: Low or None
Mics: Auto and Wind
Colour: Flat

Export Settings:
VBR 2 Pass
Maximum Render Quality
Bit Rate: Maximum possible, atleast 50mb min and maximum 70-80mbs
This will create a very large file, over 2gigs, but will give you the best quality for youtube.

Example footage
https://youtu.be/Yci193AGcAs?t=28

4 hours ago, Graham S said:

If you are just splitting clips together and not much else then use the GoPro Quick app. Depending on your gopro model you can also use the GPS data to overlay stats like speed, elevation, GPS route etc. 

Its pretty easy to use and has some nice features. 

If your videos are only going to be viewed on mobile, which 90% of youtube content is, then shoot at 1080 or 2.7k. These resolutions will be much easier to process when editing, take up less space on your memory card as well as making your cameras battery last longer. Dont bother with 4k, like at all. Unless you are viewing your content on a 65"4K TV all the time.

48, 50 and 60fps give a nice natural look. 48 is slightly more cinematic, 60 is very crisp and smooth. 

For editing on PC in premier Pro, these are my suggestions.

If you want more cinematic looking footage with nice motion blur then id suggest getting a set of ND Filters. 8/16/32
8 for cloudy overcast days and 32 for bright sunshine like mid morning to mid day and later. 

This will reduce the light coming into the cameras sensor by a few stops and give you a nice smooth motion blur. 

Be sure to shoot in Pro Res with these settings. 

Camera: GoPro Hero 7 Black with Wind Cover
Settings: 
Pro Tune ON
2.7k 60fps
Shutter Speed: 1/120 (Frame rate must be double your shutter speed when using an ND filter)
ND 8/16 lens filter
ISO Min: 100 
ISO Max: 100 (Only use this for sunny days)
Sharpening: Low or None
Mics: Auto and Wind
Colour: Flat

Export Settings:
VBR 2 Pass
Maximum Render Quality
Bit Rate: Maximum possible, atleast 50mb min and maximum 70-80mbs
This will create a very large file, over 2gigs, but will give you the best quality for youtube.

Example footage
https://youtu.be/Yci193AGcAs?t=28

Ooooo, my favourite ride in Cape Town...but a lot slower!!!

GP9 and Max...

to answer the thread title

I've used the free Filmora Go app very nicely using footage directly from the phone.

I'm surprised GoPro haven't got the best app for editing on the fly stuff using your mobile device, Maybe they want you to use a pc with more features, so the end product on average will be better/