Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

Ok. I want to try get SR, so maybe I can do the 300 when everyone else does the 600. Or maybe I should just htfu and do another 600.

Maybe chat to the boss? Happy to do another 300.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 300/200km Audax event on 2/11 is definitely on! For further details www.audaxsa.co.za.

Please accept my apologies for claiming that it had been cancelled.

Gary, your SR is safe!

The 108km Randonee Populaite will be run the previous week, Sunday 26/10 from Nirox Sculpture Park in conjunction with Africa Cycle Fair. For online entries : http://www.cycleevents.co.za/road-events/randonnee-populaire-2014/#more-8817

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great one guys. We have our Cape 400 on the 8th - really looking forward to it

The 400. That's a tough distance. We're doing ours on 21/12. Safe ride! Would love to read the race report.

The 400. That's a tough distance. We're doing ours on 21/12. Safe ride! Would love to read the race report.

Yep - very true, almost tougher than a 600. What's the saying, something along the lines of 'you can't bully a 400'

Will get Nico to upload a ride report once drafted - we have some safety car cover on the day, so hopefully between the drivers and us we'll get a few pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm out :thumbdown:  Only got my frame on Monday, and even if I get it finished by Saturday, I don't think it's wise to have the first ride on a new bike to be a 600.

I'm out :thumbdown: Only got my frame on Monday, and even if I get it finished by Saturday, I don't think it's wise to have the first ride on a new bike to be a 600.

Sorry you can 't make it. Getting a new frame?

Gary, you doing Ian Kernick 200 km ride on 7th?

Yes :thumbup:  (I'm sure my bike will be ready by then.)

Sorry you can 't make it. Getting a new frame?

The BMC is cracked on both chain stays. That's what was causing the clicking we heard at SBR.

Yes :thumbup: (I'm sure my bike will be ready by then.)

The BMC is cracked on both chain stays. That's what was causing the clicking we heard at SBR.

Cracked frames, broken wheels. You're pushing out too much power, Gary! What frame are you getting?

Cracked frames, broken wheels. You're pushing out too much power, Gary! What frame are you getting?

I've got a Deng Fu FM098.

Archived