Anyone keen to do the Mega?

Guest Omega Man

There is also the il de la Reunion Megavalanch. Same concept but less riders, no snow, and you get to chill on a paradise island beach all afternoon. Its a little later in the year, around November time.

Hehe! I was just going to say that Dave did the Reunion Mega and I am sure it was a lot less than the French one! Like you said, no snow either.... I would gladly swap the hot chocolate and frostbite for an umbrella drink and a suntan :thumbup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Time for a Mega in SA hey guys? How about something mad like this in the Drak somewhere. We can manage about a 1500 m drop in -places... Omega dude - how about it?

Where do i sign up?

Imagine one in Lesotho. With parts of the Roof route......

Edited by Omega Man

Headshot I think that's a frikkin good idea! I have had these thoughts lately of what can be done on the Malutis, its like our Alps. Those bergs got some huge potential!

Edited by Josh_FSR

Where do i sign up?

Imagine one in Lesotho. With parts of the Roof route......

The 2nd DHI National (and XCO obviously) is meant to be taking place in Lesotho (19 - 20 April).

I'm interested to see what the track will be like.

Headshot I think that's a frikkin good idea! I have had these thoughts lately of what can be done on the Malutis, its like our Alps. Those bergs got some huge potential!

what about somewhere above Rhodes?

what about somewhere above Rhodes?

You mean like use the ski slope of Tiffindel for the start of the Rhodes-Mega? That might just work, and would be legendary!

Anyone think that its possible to organise something like that? I will help anywhere I can. Off course the area should first be recce'd for possible trails to use or a purpose built trail to be created.

Guest Omega Man

Ok the decision has been made.

I'm doing the Mega in 2015.

Now all I have to do is find a hill that drops 2600m in 32km to train on. Oh!

Edited by Omega Man

Headshot, it's your idea, you make it happen.

We will all sign up for the event.

"Build it, and they will come"

What this guy said :thumbup: I would like to do the Mega when I'm skilled and FIT enough, but I know right now theres no way I could pull off that kind of riding for 36kms-so if there is a 'Tiffendel Avalanche' I will be there like a bear, and I'm sure many more would be too.

Edited by Sidewinder.

Guest Omega Man

What this guy said :thumbup: I would like to do the Mega when I'm skilled and FIT enough, but I know right now theres no way I could pull off that kind of riding for 36kms-so if there is a 'Tiffendel Avalanche' I will be there like a bear, and I'm sure many more would be too.

That's like saying I'm only going to do the Argus if I can do a sub 3. With respect all you've done is given yourself an excuse not to do it.

You're not going to win so you aren't under pressure to do it in a specific time or anything.

Edited by Omega Man

You mean like use the ski slope of Tiffindel for the start of the Rhodes-Mega? That might just work, and would be legendary!

Anyone think that its possible to organise something like that? I will help anywhere I can. Off course the area should first be recce'd for possible trails to use or a purpose built trail to be created.

I think Rhodes has huge potential for a DH /enduro/ type setup .

Having experienced riding in both Morzine and Rhodes they they have a simllar setup.

At Rhodes the higest point is close on 3000m (top of mountains abovre Tiffendale Ski Lodge) + - 30 km down is Rhodes at 1800m.

Tiffendale did have a ski lift.

There used to be a hard core race at Rhodes though not sure if still been done due to lack of sponsership /support.

Hi nickelass

The relief data looks promising! So who were the organisers of that race you mentioned? With the big interest in Enduro in SA at the moment the support will be much bigger. This would really be a great opportunity to get someone interested to host/sponsor/organise a race there. I am in Bloem, and I will definitely help anywhere I can.

Hi nickelass

The relief data looks promising! So who were the organisers of that race you mentioned? With the big interest in Enduro in SA at the moment the support will be much bigger. This would really be a great opportunity to get someone interested to host/sponsor/organise a race there. I am in Bloem, and I will definitely help anywhere I can.

The RHODES EXTREME was the race it was an 85km ride either up Naudes Nek or up past Tiffendale start and end at Rhodes.

The main sponser was Antonapps.

The ride ride had a lack of support in the end.Maybe a change of the type of ride is needed?

What I know is Tiffendale has /is being reopened,as it is under new ownership.

I wounder if a setup like Morzine could be used in either Rhodes or Tiffendale are used as the base start.