[Event] Tour Durban

Impi Concept Events

Also battling with accomodation for the freedom weekend. Sun coast would have been perfect but full.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also battling with accomodation for the freedom weekend. Sun coast would have been perfect but full.

Just sent you a PM

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday I decided to do the climb up the M7 on my bike. Drive it many times by car, but never cycled it due to the huge number of trucks that go up it.

But took my life into my hands and had a bash very early.

Was glad I did because I found that while it's a 14km climb, the gradient is very forgiving. There's nothing steep at all, many flat bits and even the odd little downhill bit on the way up to Pinetown. So for folks who haven't done this race before, there's nothing to be concerned about at all. If you're even vaguely fit you'll hardly even notice you're climbing.

Edited by tombeej

On Saturday I decided to do the climb up the M7 on my bike. Drive it many times by car, but never cycled it due to the huge number of trucks that go up it.

But took my life into my hands and had a bash very early.

Was glad I did because I found that while it's a 14km climb, the gradient is very forgiving. There's nothing steep at all, many flat bits and even the odd little downhill bit on the way up to Pinetown. So for folks who haven't done this race before, there's nothing to be concerned about at all. If you're even vaguely fit you'll hardly even notice you're climbing.

Thanks tombeej. I have often wondered about that. :thumbup:

I see the route profiles have been released. 1850m climbing for the 105k race.

http://ow.ly/vdFVu

Has the route changed from last year?

Where does this 1850m come from?

Rob

Has the route changed from last year?

Where does this 1850m come from?

Rob

I would also like to know; sure its not true

I'm not so sure about that figure for the climbing - my guess would be more around the 900m - 1000m range.

Anyway, the weather is looking perfect for race day:

post-35592-0-22203500-1398187137_thumb.png

Has anyone received an SMS from the organisers with their batch info yet?

The official website says "All batching and start times will have been sms’d to your cell phone." Well, I haven't received anything...

Has anyone received an SMS from the organisers with their batch info yet?

The official website says "All batching and start times will have been sms’d to your cell phone." Well, I haven't received anything...

their FB page said a few hours ago that entrants will be notified within the next 36 hours. ..

Got my sms...... Getting my Gf`s brother to collect my number as we only going to stay in Durban for the Sunday night before the ride.

yip, got my sms too

Me too. Im inBL ! Whoever has done the seeding has been smoking some pretty good stuff :)

Me too. Im inBL ! Whoever has done the seeding has been smoking some pretty good stuff :)

I'm in AL. Not too sure what that means...?