Giant Anthem X1 or Anthem Advance? What to Buy? Plz Help!!

DT1540

What has gone wrong with Fox that no one like them anymore, my anthem and fox 26er never disappointed. So if you get a ctd with no issues? is it that bad? if you send a faulty one back, don't they replace it with 1 that's issues are sorted out.

What has gone wrong with Fox that no one like them anymore, my anthem and fox 26er never disappointed. So if you get a ctd with no issues? is it that bad? if you send a faulty one back, don't they replace it with 1 that's issues are sorted out.

3 letters (fork specific) - CTD. The cartridge doesn't always work. Some have to pump the fork so damn hard to get rid o fork dive that it loses all small bump compliance, some don't, some have to run it on Climb all the time (which kinda makes the whole system useless) and some just hate it altogether.

Me, I think FOX stuff is overpriced. No 2 ways about it. RS stuff is FAR less costly than the equivalent FOX jobbie, and is more tuneable (mostly)

Before the CTD issues though, the only thing was that they were overpriced for what they are (a name tax, if you will) but they worked. I still like the FOX 36 VAN and the FOX 40 - but that's cos they're coil forks and are bulletproof.

On a new bike though, I'd rather not take the chance on a fork. I want it to work off the rack. RS does that. Fox only does it sometimes.

Their shocks (rear cans) work properly though. I don't know why it doesn't carry across, but it just doesn't seem to. Search MTBR & Pinkbike etcfor CTD issues. And ask Crow / Droo what they think.

Fox fork has the CTD issues that they are desperately trying to fix. Some forks have the issues, some not. They were supposed to have fixed the fork-dive under braking and in other conditions, but they seem not to have completed it all the way.

RS on the other hand are buletproof.

Concurred.

Anything Fox without Kashima just plain sucks. I hate the Float 29 Evolution that's currently on my bike, have been trying to find a Reba or SID replacement for a while...

Concurred.

Anything Fox without Kashima just plain sucks. I hate the Float 29 Evolution that's currently on my bike, have been trying to find a Reba or SID replacement for a while...

Yeah, that's their "team" line. Whichis a year or 2 ahead of anything else...

Compare the wheels on the 2 bikes, and take into consideration whether or not you plan to upgrade wheels.

Both have similar giant pcx wheels, with those heavy hubs, so either way they will neet to be upgraded at some point.

Would anyone consider the 27.5 anthem, the 2014 frame have some nice improvements on an allready nice frame.

Thanks for the warning on the Fox CTD problems, I think I will make the Reba and Monarch XX my next shocks.

Fox I would say is very good for marathons and stage races because of the plushness and progressiveness. Sure I will get use to the RS if I dont ride Fox anymore. I also do not like the 3 settings with CTD, 3 x rear and 3 x front, too many selections while riding, must have remote for this.

Would anyone consider the 27.5 anthem, the 2014 frame have some nice improvements on an allready nice frame.

The 27.5 Anthems are nice bikes. It depends on what type of riding you want to do. I would chose the 29er for long distance and the 27.5 for singletrack fun or xc/everyday fun.